Problems finding correct size brake pads!

ned.c

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been trying to source brake pads for my 05 2.0tdi non quattro and have so far been supplied the incorrect pads twice. First type were the wrong shape and second were the right shape but slightly too large. They rubbed on the discs in the centre and failed mot like this (I thought they might just need bedding in) upon putting the old ones back in I could see that they are the same pattern but the height of the pad and friction material is about 5mm taller so they are physically slightly different, sadly I didn't notice this when I fitted them.

old/correct on left, incorrect supplied on right:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...28758053335_1062469234_30836686_4544479_n.jpg

I've sourced the wrong ones I need to return from Eurocarparts and just been on the phone to Camberly Auto Factors with the measurements and they only list the same incorrect size pads.

Anyone else had similar problems? Unfortunately Audi parts are closed today being sunday but I guess I'll have to try them tomorrow to see if my car has funny or non standard brakes fitted to it :s

Andrew.

Last edited:
send me your Vin and i can take a look in Etka and come up with the part number.

thank you stokeballoon, I have sent you a PM..

Yes, pads have been fitted, made horrible noises and failed the MOT...