Retrofit Rear Passenger Sunblinds in Sportback?

ryanstewart9

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit the oem sunblinds for the rear passenger doors on my Sportback, or would the cost just be too great to make it a viable upgrade?

Thanks....

You can do it, they are screwed on from behind the door cards. I understand that they rattle though. Don't know the cost of the parts, sorry.

Scratch this!!

Spoke to my local stealer and told me you have to buy new door cards for this as the sunblinds use a seperate hole in the top of the door card.

Dont suppose anyone has a picture of these fitted as standard?

Also the stealer told me Audi dealers dont "retrofit" items????

I'll try and get some pics for you tomorrow. I forgot to respond to this thread to tell you that they look like special door cars as they have a slot cut out that the blinds pull up through. To be honest I prefer these to the 'hearse' look that blacking out the rear windows does to cars. Mainly for use by the little one in the rear:yes:

album.php
attachment.php

Anyone had attempted to retrofit the rear door sunblind? Found out the cost and I almost fainted. Close to USD$800

If this was cheaper than that hideous price above, I'd be really tempted.

Having a smiley-cat-faceblind in my S3 rear passenger window isn't very cool (and I don't like the hearse look either).