2.0 tdi injectors/injector loom

rickyquicky

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience of a faulty injector or injector loom on here? Or knows what is more commonly at fault.

Ive narrowed my misfire down to either of the 2, but now its trial and error, i've bought a new loom to try, and if that doesnt cure it then a new injector.

Also, anyone know how easy the injectors are too fit? I know its easy to fit, but a mate of mine said to be careful as sometimes they need proper setting up with a computer?

A mate of mine has the same fault on 2.0tdi140 passat. He changed both loom and injector. He says its not fixed the fault! When fitting injectors make sure seals are tight. Now its coming up with jet pump intermittent fault i think? The dealers said its not the fuel pump. Si he's lityle stuck at moment

@navnayyar It does sound like the fuel pump mate but strange he wasn`t getting that fault before fitting the injectors and loom.
@rickyquicky The looms are know to fail sometimes and is usually the best thing to change if there is an injector fault code. Fitting the injectors is fairly easy if you are mechanically minded and know the correct torque rating for the injector bolts etc. There shouldn`t be any need to set up with a computer or re-code with the ECU.

Thanks for the replies, to give you a little more detail my mates diag machine was set up to show the fuelling to each cylinder, after we found the error code for 'intermittent misfire cylinder 3'.

Cylinders 1, 2, and 4 on the fuelling graph showed the fuelling raising and dropping with revs, throttle, etc. Cylinder 3 was pretty much a straight line chucking in loads of fuel all the time. Occasionally it would drop down but most of the time it seems to be just flooding the cylinder.