RADIO CODE for A3 S S LINE 55 plate with CONCERT radio???

niffty

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking to but a after market IPOD adaptor to the factory headunit.

Just wondering if I will require a radio code once I unplugg the CONCERT stereo.

I have been told I dont require one.

Is that true?

Thanks in advance.

as above you wont need one but it should be in your manual on the cover page

You only need the code if you swap it to another vehicle.

Cheers Khufu.

I dont seem to have the radio code in the manual, silly me didnt check when I purchased the car.

But thanks for the confirmation, now I can get IPOD installed.:icon_thumright:

you can get the code from audi but they will require the s/n printed on the side of the unit and will charge money fyi

I think P5SND means the manual for the radio not the vehicle !

There should be a flap in the front that opens up with the code on it. If there is a piece cut out then the previous owner did what it says to do and removed it.

niffty,

I have a concert radio in my 59 BE. I've disconnected the radio several times and taken the battery out. Not once has it asked for the code, which is four digits long and is (a sticker) in the inside cover of the "Audi concert Sound System Operating Manual". If it does ask for the code then, according to my local dealership, hold down TP and SCAN together until the display says 0000, use the number keys (at the side of the display) to enter the four digit code then hold down TP and SCAN again and the radio *should* work (I've not tried this, but it's what my dealership told me).

when you input teh code teh stereo links itself to the car so regardless of how many times your remove the battery it should not forget that data