EM TuningVolks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2nd Gear

Status
    great information and apologies for any problems in this not fitting straight onto your car , we were lead to believe by ETKA that this would fit .
    Now if there are any UK guys with a facelift S3 2009 we would be happy to see you at Forge to look at the changes we need to make to a nice simple install , the happy helper would leave with the Forge twintercooler on his car at an unbeleivable price , we would need the car for 1 week
    please let me know if you are interested
    PM sent!
    S3 Sportback - Ibis White
    Factory: Privacy Glass, Cruise Control, Heated Seats, RNS-E, Bluetooth, Bose, Ipod Dock
    Modifications: Revo Stage 2+, Forge CAI, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE - H&R ARB's & Springs - TV Tuner, Reverse Camera

Wanted: Stock S3 facelift alloys

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    we will get a car in and be in touch ...thanks for PM , will repsond

Gievf Buckets

Status
    youre too far for my s that is being facelifted, however if you require some info on the changes drop me a pm as im going through the facelift atm

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    the last one, or do you mean without foglight mesh?
    Like everything fitted. Just like you would drive everyday on the streets. I wanna see how stealthy/flashy with the FMIC fitted on these Facelift A3's. If that's not too much to ask. Thanks in advance.
    2010, Matte White Spray/Coated - Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI DSG
    APR Stage 2+ RON 98 ECU Reflash | Eurojet 3" Turboback Exhaust | BSH (Stage 1+2 Intake/Pendulum Mount/Integrated Throttle Pipe/Boost Tap) | AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe | Neuspeed TSI Torque Arm Insert | Stock Intercooler | Vogtland 35mm | HID 6000k (Main D3S + Fogs H11) | LED @ Full Interior/License Plate | CF @ Side Mirror/B-Pillar/Interior

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    hm...the last pic is with mounted intercooler. it's stealthy enought!
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status
    The last pic doesn't work m8.
    APR Stage 2+ RON 98 ECU Reflash | Eurojet 3" Turboback Exhaust | BSH (Stage 1+2 Intake/Pendulum Mount/Integrated Throttle Pipe/Boost Tap) | AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe | Neuspeed TSI Torque Arm Insert | Stock Intercooler | Vogtland 35mm | HID 6000k (Main D3S + Fogs H11) | LED @ Full Interior/License Plate | CF @ Side Mirror/B-Pillar/Interior

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Many thanks for the write up S.

It is at the the top where I would have expected you to make most gains as this is when the air starts heating up with the OEM intercooler so what you write makes good sense.

If you could sort the last picture out that would be great so we can see what it looks like as a finished product.

Could take some logs of block 004 with VCDS from 2000rpm to the redline in for example 3rd gear that would be great. This will show intake air temperatures. Make a note of the ambient temp and then we will get an idea of how efficient the Forge cooler is as we will see how much above ambient it is at the redline.
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    will do it mate as soon as i find someone with vcds. i think it's even better to do it in 4th gear as there is in my opinion biggest gain.
    anyways... today i'm getting denso ik24's.
    hope those pics will work:

Last edited by S.; 11th June 2010 at 10:58.

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

4th Gear

Status
    Just had mine fitted as well. Not done many miles but there is a difference. Feels keener.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    niceley done dc wondered when youd eventually get it done, did you take it to star in the end?

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

1st Gear

Status
    Loving that FMIC!

1st Gear

Status
    Glad you like it

4th Gear

Status
    Yes l did Phil. looking forward to giving it some beans. l expect the characteristics will change when it gets colder again. But l can say it deffo feels better. Twintake next trip, as l was going to do anyways but l was told that the filter is looking a bit rusty. Seems there is different types of filter that has been supplied with these. Some have alloy mine doesnt. So with where it is then its a matter of time. After that l trip on the RR to see if lm going to change maps.

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PH1L View Post
    very nice mate are forge gonna be realeasing the kit for the facelift too?
    Yes they are, Forge are gonna be using my 2012 S3 as the guinea pig soon, which I'm very pleased about.....
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    Yes they are, Forge are gonna be using my 2012 S3 as the guinea pig soon, which I'm very pleased about.....
    I thought they allready made facelift one?
    It's been more than two years since last post... :P

Status
    I thought they allready made facelift one?
    It's been more than two years since last post... :P
    Apparently not, They told me that they currently have the pre-facelift model in production, but not one ready to go on a facelift cars.

They did say, they're not sure there's a lot to change, but it does need adjusting for the later cars.

Either way, it'll be dyno'd before and after. (at stage 2 shark). just so they can measure the improvements.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Can't believe!
    I've had to do custom pipes trim crash bar etc (you can see the work involved on the pics on first page).
    My tuner contacted forge and told them all about fitting issues on facelift. I thought they would solve that in short time, not after 2 and a half years...

Status
    Can't believe!
    I've had to do custom pipes trim crash bar etc (you can see the work involved on the pics on first page).
    My tuner contacted forge and told them all about fitting issues on facelift. I thought they would solve that in short time, not after 2 and a half years...
    Very nice job you did too.

Im due more info on what's gonna be done soon, I'll update where possible.

5th Gear

Status
    Revival?

Someone said its best to just upgrade to have a single BETTER intercooler than to get the twin with stock. However
    what if you get say the THS (i think) big cooler than the forge aswel. would it be still beneficial?
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ.Foulds View Post
    Revival?

Someone said its best to just upgrade to have a single BETTER intercooler than to get the twin with stock. However
    what if you get say the THS (i think) big cooler than the forge aswel. would it be still beneficial?

Hey,
    Forge do both the Race intercooler which is a upgrade from the oem one and we do the twintercooler.

We have seen great success running both of them together under back to back testing.

Please find the links below showing the products and dyno graph figures.

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    i guess you could get pressure drop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12