DPT power tuning question...

WelshWoody83

Reaction score
Hi all, I was waiting in the garage the other day whilst having my tires checked and got talking to one of the guys there about tuning. He showed me this leaflet sbout a company called DPT. Apparently Audi and Merc dealers in Germany and a few other places offer the fitting service of these to their diesel models at the dealerships. Ive had a look at the website, it looks good but what do you guys think? Has anyone had any experience with one of these? The site is www.dieselpowertuning.co.uk

Cheers,
Chris

I previously had a SAAB 93 ( i know don't laugh ) a few years ago and used DPT. I went for the economy setting and found that it did increase MPG to around 50 quite easily even travelling at a steady 80 - 85 mph. Power was up slightly, but not so much you would really know to be honest. Car remained reliable with it installed but did not keep the car long.

Ok thanks for the reply, according to the calculator on the site it should pay for itself with the fuel savings over about 9 months.

Just a little update. I had the unit installed, I now notice the car seems to have more power from ower revs,kinda like theres more power from standing rather than from around the 2000 RPM, also Im now averaging aroun 56.8- 60 MPG which Im happy with, I havent done any motorway driving yet though, this is just local, urban miles...

That's good to hear you are pleased with the results. You will see a big jump on motorway mpg as well if thats what you are seeing urban !

is this just a remap like REVO? :p

No its not a remap, its a unit that goes between the ecu and the fuel injection system. You can turn it off if you want to aswel. Perfectly legal too...Ill go out and take a picture of it now.

SDC12305.jpg

SDC12306.jpg

SDC12307.jpg

on the last one you can see the braided cable going somewhere....