Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    A3

Status

HELP !!!!!!!!!! ON BOARD COMPUTER

Hi I have a standard A3 2005 and would like a trip computer, normally seen on the Sport model, with oil temp, mpg etc...
    How easy is this to fit?? Do i need new clocks?? and does it need re programming??
    Can anyone advise me and point me and the right direction??

Cheers Johnny

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    You need a new cluster/clocks, (and a new convenience control unit if you don't have cruise control).

After you have these, you need to get them programmed in by someone. I had mine done by Ben from 'Shark Performance'.

I have a cluster with the on board trip computer screen in the middle, that would fit your model if you want to buy it?

Let me know if you're interested.
    A7 3.0 TDI 245 S Tronic --Google Maps Navigation Upgrade - Adaptive Lights - Lighting Pack - High Beam Assist - Tinted Windows - DAB Radio

Previously Owned:

A5 3.0 TDI 240 S Line -- 3G Navigation
    A4 2.0 TDI 143 S Line -- MMI Navigation - Tinted Windows - DAB Radio - Heated Seats -

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 140 SE -- Remap (thanks to Shark Performance) -- Tinted Windows -- Chrome Roof Rails -- Full Leather Interior -- DIS Retrofit -- RNS-E --

A3

Status
    How much for the cluster, and how much for convinience control unit?

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    You will also need a new wiper stalk iirc that allows control of the onboard computer. I have one of these, again PM me if your interested. PM NHN also he is the man in the know. Send him a link to this thread.

Joe

Click above for my A3 Build thread!

Dec
    2nd Gear

Status
    How much should you look to pay for clocks with the DIS as I would like to do this to mine at some point too. Plus how much would coding be?

'04 A3 2.0 TDI.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    have a word with a few breakers problem being is getting one with less miles than your car as you can only program upwards once (correct if im wrong)

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Dec
    2nd Gear

Status
    Mine has spaceship miles (86500 ish) so doubt finding newer shape clocks with less miles would be much of a problem !

'04 A3 2.0 TDI.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    haha ideal then try searching for a person breaking a 2.0tdi on ebay and offer them some money for the parts you need

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Dependent on age of the clocks, Ben can do most of what you need, so give him a shout, audi can fit it & code for you but unless its new or under 100km's they cant adapt the mileage.

Earlier DIS clusters the better for fitment/mileage correction, as the encryption changed & not many had/have the capaibility to do newer clusters namely facelift 08 onwards.

Also if you get an 05 onwards cluster it may need a new fuel pump & wire added to the car as it has an additional sender wire in the pump for the fuel level in cluster.

You may also need to add some wires for things like washer tank sensor & possibly others for the DIS to warn you when low.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    Think i will give prestige in Glasgow a call about gettng my mileage sorted. I guess I now have a 2004 petrol cluster with DIS & 28k on it for sale

Also, after i changed fuel pump to later spec and I added the extra wire to the cluser, my old cluster still worked perfect even with the additional wire/pump.
    Last edited by Khufu; 22nd April 2010 at 13:23.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysalv View Post
    How much for the cluster, and how much for convinience control unit?
    I've just put my cluster on ebay at 50 buy it now, so if you wanted mine I would let you have it for 60 including postage?

This is a cheap price as I originally paid 80 for it.

Only selling as I bought it with an intent to fit it, as I had another cluster with DIS which was giving problems, but eventually got it working.

This one will work fine.

PM me if anyone wants.
    A7 3.0 TDI 245 S Tronic --Google Maps Navigation Upgrade - Adaptive Lights - Lighting Pack - High Beam Assist - Tinted Windows - DAB Radio

Previously Owned:

A4 2.0 TDI 143 S Line -- MMI Navigation - Tinted Windows - DAB Radio - Heated Seats -

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 140 SE -- Remap (thanks to Shark Performance) -- Tinted Windows -- Chrome Roof Rails -- Full Leather Interior -- DIS Retrofit -- RNS-E --

3rd Gear

Status
    i have a set of 2008 clocks with full dis ,mileage is set a zero miles , however i can if need be put whatever miles on them you want . sorry though i cant match them to the ecu though let me know of your interested

5th Gear

Status
    I wasn't aware oil temp could be displayed on the DIS? is this on 8P3 only?
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

6th Gear

Status
    Not sure what year on, but I can in the 2009 white cluster one, its in one of the sub menus
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

3rd Gear

Status
    engine oil temp can be checked on 2007 clocks ,just checked it now

1st Gear

Status
    and 2005 clocks!

Previously Owned:

5th Gear

Status
    Ok I swear i've scrolled thr all the sub menus..where is this?
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

1st Gear

Status
    Keep on clicking reset, until you get to the menu, then go to 'CHECK' then 'OIL TEMP', I believe.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Previously Owned:

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah should be under Check.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    Annoyingly after about 20 seconds it reverts to digital speedo (I was curious about oil temp and wanted to keep it displayed to see how long it took to warm up but it goes off soon after you select it!!)