HELP !!!!!!!!!! ON BOARD COMPUTER

Reaction score
Hi I have a standard A3 2005 and would like a trip computer, normally seen on the Sport model, with oil temp, mpg etc...
How easy is this to fit?? Do i need new clocks?? and does it need re programming??
Can anyone advise me and point me and the right direction??

Cheers Johnny:sadlike:

You need a new cluster/clocks, (and a new convenience control unit if you don't have cruise control).

After you have these, you need to get them programmed in by someone. I had mine done by Ben from 'Shark Performance'.

I have a cluster with the on board trip computer screen in the middle, that would fit your model if you want to buy it?

Let me know if you're interested.

You will also need a new wiper stalk iirc that allows control of the onboard computer. I have one of these, again PM me if your interested. PM NHN also he is the man in the know. Send him a link to this thread.

Joe

have a word with a few breakers problem being is getting one with less miles than your car as you can only program upwards once (correct if im wrong)

haha ideal then try searching for a person breaking a 2.0tdi on ebay and offer them some money for the parts you need

Dependent on age of the clocks, Ben can do most of what you need, so give him a shout, audi can fit it & code for you but unless its new or under 100km's they cant adapt the mileage.

Earlier DIS clusters the better for fitment/mileage correction, as the encryption changed & not many had/have the capaibility to do newer clusters namely facelift 08 onwards.

Also if you get an 05 onwards cluster it may need a new fuel pump & wire added to the car as it has an additional sender wire in the pump for the fuel level in cluster.

You may also need to add some wires for things like washer tank sensor & possibly others for the DIS to warn you when low.

Think i will give prestige in Glasgow a call about gettng my mileage sorted. I guess I now have a 2004 petrol cluster with DIS & 28k on it for sale :cool:

Also, after i changed fuel pump to later spec and I added the extra wire to the cluser, my old cluster still worked perfect even with the additional wire/pump.

Last edited:
How much for the cluster, and how much for convinience control unit?

I've just put my cluster on ebay at £50 buy it now, so if you wanted mine I would let you have it for £60 including postage?

This is a cheap price as I originally paid £80 for it.

Only selling as I bought it with an intent to fit it, as I had another cluster with DIS which was giving problems, but eventually got it working.

This one will work fine.

PM me if anyone wants.

i have a set of 2008 clocks with full dis ,mileage is set a zero miles , however i can if need be put whatever miles on them you want . sorry though i cant match them to the ecu though let me know of your interested

Keep on clicking reset, until you get to the menu, then go to 'CHECK' then 'OIL TEMP', I believe.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Annoyingly after about 20 seconds it reverts to digital speedo (I was curious about oil temp and wanted to keep it displayed to see how long it took to warm up but it goes off soon after you select it!!)