Audi Sline Badging Question

Mins

Reaction score
Hi All,

New forum member - I posted a little introduction (life story) on the intro page so please check it out.

I have a question that hopefully some of the residential experts would be able to shed some light on for me...

So on saturday I bought an 2007 plate Audi A3 2.0TDi Sline (170) Sportback. Boy am I happy, and although I am happy I noticed that the steering wheel (the three spoke Sline wheel) doesn't actually have the little emblem on it. It made me wonder if it actually was an S Line (which it is as its stated in the log book and service documentation). It has the badging everywhere else just not the wheel.

Anyone able to shed any light - because as far as I am aware every S line had the standard fitting wheel. Only thing I can think of is that its a custom wheel (if there is such a thing) as the car itself has the exclusive colouring inside (magma red with black leather seats)...

hmmm...

does it say s-line on the front 2 seats?

Nope! Although I know that this was also standard. Car is Registered in April 2007.

Hmm thats odd, anyone can badge the car on the outside but without s-line on the seats and no badge on the steering wheel it can't be an s-line.

Try and post some pics up of your car mate, if you look at other normal sportbacks an s-line should sit slightly lower and have different wheels.

Thanks for your reply, exactly the same sort of thing I was thinking. However the odd thing is it definitely is lowered has the Sline badging on the side skirts, sline grill, sline alloys, writtien in the log book, service book, hpi bringing it back as an sline, rear tinted windows, back sunscreen... basically everything that is covered by a standard Sline spec etc.. and looks exactly like an Sline sportback (wheels, etc)...

I'm picking the car up on Saturday so will post pictures as soon as I have it. I did pop into th garage who advised that when the car seats etc.. have been customised from factory it doesnt necessarily have the Sline stitched into the seats - but didn't mention nothing about the wheel... Although the stitching and all the little fine details match the seat colouring...

Thoughts go on....

Hellz - yeah it has got S-Line on the door sills

Has it got full or part leather as i've seen some with full leather and no sline logos on the seats

is the steering wheel MF (does it have stereo controls)? if it has then maybe it was fitted afterwards as i don't think the MF wheel was standard (mine is 06 and doesn't have it)

A good way to sell if anything is non factory fit, would be to use the sticker found in the boot, and see what was fitted. You will then know if anything has be fitted by owners instead.

Hey Robby,

Full leather mate. Its black with a magma red centre. In regards to the wheel no its not an MF steering wheel. Just to point out to other (please don't quote me if i'm wrong) i've noticed pretty much every two tone full leather 07 plate S lines do not have the embossed S Line seats.

Also, just been looking on a popular used car sales website and have noticed that there are quite a few 07 plate S lines (and only 07 plates incidently) that have the S line wheel but are missing the logo on the bottom :blink:. Seems to me that they ran out of the emblem mid 07 and a few S lines missed out!

Cheers Scottie,

Where exactly will I find the sticker and what detail am I looking for on it... sorry i'm an amatuer. (My plan is to spend a year on this forum to become an expert!).

Cheers Scottie,

Where exactly will I find the sticker and what detail am I looking for on it... sorry i'm an amatuer. (My plan is to spend a year on this forum to become an expert!).

there should be a square sticker in the boot and also in the handbook (service book) - square sticker with a lot of 3 digit letters/numbers

Cheers folks for the info. I'll put in the numbers and post my results in a few days.