New A3 Owner

TurboRoss

Reaction score
Evening Lads,

My names Ross, from Edinburgh owned my A3 about a week now and love it. Thought i would pop on introduce myself as i will probably be pestering most of you for information shortly.

Heres some pictures i took last night:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Do like a3's in black! Looks very nice.

So what you get planned then? :)

Getting it into mint condition first! Alloys are scuffed so looking at getting them sorted, interior has general ware on it will be fixing that.

Other than that getting a few more creature comforts like an armrest and iPod connection. If funds allow go with the all black theme change the grille and wheels.

Thanks

is it a 2.0tdi?!?!?! hope not. they all break. had mine 3 months and spent 4 weeks in the garage and cost me about £500....currently sat on the drive and wont start waiting to be collected again.

POS.

is it a 2.0tdi?!?!?! hope not. they all break. had mine 3 months and spent 4 weeks in the garage and cost me about £500....currently sat on the drive and wont start waiting to be collected again.

POS.

Dont take too mutch notice of this reply Turbo Ross, It is the guy's opinion so deserve's it's space on here as we all have things to say. Check out his post about his car not starting 120,000 miles and expect's it perfect first time out the box, The marque is pretty good and most problems are very well documented so read the post's and you wont go far wrong.

Gaz

fair point. all i am saying is that buying a reputable brand 4 year old car with full main dealer history, i would not expect to be replacing parts for fun. My car finally sparked into life just now after about 2 mins on the starter motor - it finally spluttered into life...i'm told it was fuel starvation (1/4 tank) as left for a week!??! agian surely another poor design / manufacture...

My gripe is that the more i looked into the issues i had with my car, the more problems, potentially VERY expensive ones seemed to crop up. I've had other high milers and had no problems, it just seems the VAG 2.0tdi whilst frugal and powerful is very tempramental. A modern engine shouldn't break sweat at 100k!!!

I was driving my integra type R on track (regularly) at 110k, a clio 172 hard at 100k, saw 201k on my 325i so high mileage has never been an issue for me until now.

so far...not so good for my first audi....shame really as had high expectations.

Last edited:
Ross - I picked my black A3 up recently too, also based in/around Edinburgh.

the start of an edinburgh-based invasion of the forum....??

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mate,

Me Too...

Just had my A3 S LINE for a week and I love it also.

The DSG gear box is something else...

fair point. all i am saying is that buying a reputable brand 4 year old car with full main dealer history, i would not expect to be replacing parts for fun. My car finally sparked into life just now after about 2 mins on the starter motor - it finally spluttered into life...i'm told it was fuel starvation (1/4 tank) as left for a week!??! agian surely another poor design / manufacture...

My gripe is that the more i looked into the issues i had with my car, the more problems, potentially VERY expensive ones seemed to crop up. I've had other high milers and had no problems, it just seems the VAG 2.0tdi whilst frugal and powerful is very tempramental. A modern engine shouldn't break sweat at 100k!!!

I was driving my integra type R on track (regularly) at 110k, a clio 172 hard at 100k, saw 201k on my 325i so high mileage has never been an issue for me until now.

so far...not so good for my first audi....shame really as had high expectations.
With all due respect phil..But just because you bought a banger it doesn't mean everyone has....yes..I would agree having previously owned a japanese car their engines are more reliable..the build quality however..hmmm..Now when buying any second hand car..whether it is 4 years old or 50 years old..and regardless of 'main dealer history' or not...you are taking a gamble and I doubt that every 4 year old Audi like yours will be having the same problems..maybe you was just unlucky? ..I don't know.....Good luck with the new motor mHigham anyways and enjoy the site!

From what i read, I am far from alone in owning a banger with 4 rings on the front! just a shame i didn't read all the doom and gloom before i bought it!

Fair play to Audi tho, they sell thousands of the things then rake it in when they all break and need fixing....

From what i read, I am far from alone in owning a banger with 4 rings on the front! just a shame i didn't read all the doom and gloom before i bought it!

Fair play to Audi tho, they sell thousands of the things then rake it in when they all break and need fixing....

Unfortunately..you don't get these problems when you buy brand new:icon_thumright:..good luck with the doom and gloom though.

Sorry mate but your 55 plate car has done 120k?! ....And you bought it?!!!!

why should a 120k 4 year old car be dead and buried, i've had many other cars subject to much harder driving that have stood upto 100k?!?!

as for buying new, the a3 was always going to be my beater, i bought my S2K new....and that cost less than a half decent spec'd A3....

if Audi's only last 100k thats another nail in the coffin as far as i am concerned, disposable cars hey! £20k+ list price should do more than 100k and 4 years. shocker!

As I say delighted with my purchase thus far. It's a 2.0 tfsi for the record, only complaint i have so far is the relationship I've struck up with my local petrol station! Cars got 35k on the clock and a ful ASH so hopefully I'll not run into any bother under the bonnet.

Having said that my old mans had a few passats and A4s (8E and B8) he still has the B8, each of the previous cars he ran up to about 70k without any fuss! I'm his experience the VAGroup have been great, having driven all the cars he's had I can't disagree!

Mark, I noticed when I was looking about the forum the lack of edinburgh members. As you say hopefully start a trend...

Thanks for all the positive responses

Ross

enjoy the car matey, i'm sure the tfsi is the motor of choice...its these crappy oil burners that seemingly cause all the problems. I'll not hi-jack your thread any longer!