S3 grille on '59 A3 S-Line - Audi say I'm wrong

mhigham

Reaction score
Looking for someone to confirm for me please. I'm looking to replace the A3 grille with an S3 one as per a post I read earlier but Audi Edinburgh say the parts are different sizes. I was under the impression that they would be a straight swap once the bumper was off.

Am I wrong?

Cheers

Mark

The S3 is slightly shorter!

your right but wrong, its only shorter on the pre facelift cars. The Facelift one is 100% direct fitment, as Sem did on here and also a few others too.

Its a popular mod because facelift S lines have the same grille as the lower specs so makes a nice change!

I retrofitted the S3 grill on my A3 and its an exact fit. I posted pictures in SEM's thread. The only minor problem is that you have to adapt an S-Line bad to fit the grill where the S3 badge is.

dont listen to audi, theyre *****, just ask most of us that have done mods ive been told a lot cant be done and ive done it. hell a few years back they were saying cruise wasnt availible to retrofit

I love the next BMW advert to just say this rather than talk about 'economic sports styling'

BMW = dont listen to audi, theyre *****

well just last week i was told that locking wheel nuts cannot be removed when you dont have the key without damaging the wheels, granted it took 2 hours but its possible

Mine is a 07 model with the S3 grille
Yes it was a little shorter but not enough to worry
sAudi016.jpg