TFSI Exhaust note???

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
I've had my 2006 2.0 TFSi for a week now and have finished constructing my mental list of "faults".

Apart from a slight knock from the steering when rocking the wheel from left to right when stationary, the other thing I noticed is the exhaust note. It sounds very "sporty" or "performance'y". Especially when the turbo kicks in.

The exhaust is standard and the only other time I have heard a non-performance exhaust sounding like this on any other cars i've owned was when it was slightly blowing.

I've had listen and it doesn't sound like any gas is escaping from anywhere apart from where it's meant too i.e. the tailpipes!

So all I'd like to know (from some other TFSi owners) is... how does your's sound?

Mine is quite a deep "bbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" on cold idle, then as the car warms up it lessen, and during driving I can hardly hear the exhaust, but put my foot down and (enter turbo) you hear the "brrrrrrrrrrr" again at a higher note.

PS: I like the sound, very much. But not if it's a hole that's causing it!

mine sounds exactly the same - somewhere in between a 'standard' (mondeo etc) exhaust and a quiet performance exhaust system.

For me it's just enough and I'm pretty sure there are no holes in my exhaust as the car is pretty new.... :)

cheers

Mark

mine sounds exactly the same - somewhere in between a 'standard' (mondeo etc) exhaust and a quiet performance exhaust system.

That summed it up pretty perfectly. :icon_thumright:

It's definitely not a standard sound, but by no means a big bore performance exhaust sound.
Like I said, I like it. It doesn't have the sound of a 'look at me and my big exhaust' exhaust, but gently announces that there's a nicely nippy engine under the bonnet.

yep mines same i like it!
i did the same as you and checked if it was blowing from anywhere!

my cousin has a 2.0 tfsi scirocco, and i love the sound from the exhaust from stock. has a very nice prr, guessing will be slightly louder when the car is cold.

don't think you have anything to worry about.. just love it :icon_thumright: