JMB RetrofitsChris Nott

Thread: NEW TYRES

1st Gear

Status

NEW TYRES

need four tyres for my 3.2 cant get f1 assys anywhere can you guys recommend another tyre

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Not sure what size you looking for but new A3s seem to be coming on hankook S1evo Tyres, not my choice but my dads sportback handles and rides very well on them, with little tyre noise too. They arent cheap though, bridgestone RE050 and Pirelli PZeroNero are cheaper on www.mytyres.co.uk !

4th Gear

Status
    kwik fit said they can get them Ł505, going tomorrow so will let you know. failing that lm going for michelin PS3s Ł605.

Neutral

Status
    Ive got Uniroyal Rainsport 2's on my S3..........there fantastic in all conditions !!
    SILVER S3.......GIAC ECU & FLASHLOADER.....ITG INTAKE.....SACHS ORGANIC CLUTCH........ROLLING @ 328bhp...321lbs/ft

Geordie Racer

Status
    I've been looking at getting Falken FK452's on my 3.2 - they always seem to get good reviews and arent ridiculously expensive...

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m61b443s0p0
    AUDI S3 2007 Dolphin Grey

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    3.2 V6 Quattro S-Line DSG
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah dont be a tyre snob, get Falkens or Kumhos!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellz View Post
    I've been looking at getting Falken FK452's on my 3.2 - they always seem to get good reviews and arent ridiculously expensive...

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m61b443s0p0
    yeah but what kind of miles will you get out of them. l got 4mm left on my michelin exaltos after 24k. only reason lm changing is due to slashes and tares in the walls.

1st Gear

Status
    Vredestein ultrac sessantas' are excellent in all conditions, Great reviews and are relatively cheap on camskill.co.uk They get my vote every time, doubt anything will wear as well as the michelins though!!! But Ł605 is alot of money, my 225/40/18's cost me Ł100 each fully fitted, 87.50 +2.50 delivery, and 10 for the fitting. If you've got the money though mate, as you've said, you won't go wrong with michelins!
    3.2 V6 - Bring on the Burble!

Neutral

Status
    Don't get Falkens, i've just replaced the Toyo T1R's on my wifes ZR160 with Falkens and they don't offer as much grip, you can feel it understeering now.

1st Gear

Status
    I was lucky and got Mich PS3 (pair) for Ł230 fitted locally (SW Devon) - 224/45/17 Z. Seem very good and all the tramlining on the original factory P Zero Rosso has gone. Quieter too

1st Gear

Status
    got me tyres today Vredestein ultrac sessantas' 225/40/18 Ł400 all in,first impressions very quiet and not scrubed in yet stick to the road like clue i will keep you posted.

5th Gear

Status
    I've got vredestein ultrac sessantas on the front - need replacing soon and Falken 452s on the back and can't really say anything bad about them, apart from the road noise being a bit higher then expected but I think thats a general 8p problem as was same before Falkens were on.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

1st Gear

Status
    quick update these vredestein ultrac sessantas are good ive pushed really hard on corners and these things just wont let go if you dont want to spend a fortune you quattro boys and gals get these Ł400 all in cant go wrong

Enthusiast

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    Vredestein ultrac sessantas' are excellent in all conditions, Great reviews and are relatively cheap on camskill.co.uk They get my vote every time!
    +1
    VCDS USER