Badger5Sky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

DSG oil service - Audi say No need!!!

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on here so Hello everyone!

My 05 A3 3.2 is in at Audi and has just had the service and MOT done. The car has done 46k. Audi did not mention the DSG Oil change so I asked them as the car has done more than 40K. They have told me this is not needed! As I drive an S-tronic!

Are they correct or am I going mad? I was sure that the DSG oil needed changing at 40K.

Any Advice would be great.

Cheers

Karim

2. # ADS
    ADS

V16
    1st Gear

Status
    if audi has said no then you can still get it changed for an additional cost of 49.99 (something like that) but at least it gives you a piece of mind that it's been done.
    Black A3 S-line 2.0TDi
    Mods: Hybrid Turbo - Custom Exhaust - Weitec Coilovers - Tints - Gloss Black Optics Grill - Led Number Plate Lights - Led Interior Lights - S3 Mirrors - Retro Fitted Arm Rest - 09 rear lights - R8 Oil Cap - Phillips Diamond Vision Lights

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reply.

I am waiting for Audi to call me back as I have asked them to confirm that its a no. As I have read the manual and it says it needs doing. Plus are you aure about price?

This is to have the DGS oil and filter replaced. Audi quoted 269. Even independant places have quote 180-220 to do this. Your price of 49.99 is very cheap.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    I have the DSG and mines been done at 40k so far and told its due at 80k!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

V16
    1st Gear

Status
    i paid 249 for the full serivce of air, oil, fuel filters etc on my 2.0 tdi. The oil change was included in the price. If you want an oil replacement additionally im sure that's only around the 50 mark. But i may be wrong
    Black A3 S-line 2.0TDi
    Mods: Hybrid Turbo - Custom Exhaust - Weitec Coilovers - Tints - Gloss Black Optics Grill - Led Number Plate Lights - Led Interior Lights - S3 Mirrors - Retro Fitted Arm Rest - 09 rear lights - R8 Oil Cap - Phillips Diamond Vision Lights

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    I have the DSG and mines been done at 40k so far and told its due at 80k!
    Thanks Sarah. I am just waiting for the call me back

V16
    1st Gear

Status
    wow maybe DSG doesn't need changing so often!
    Black A3 S-line 2.0TDi

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V16 View Post
    i paid 249 for the full serivce of air, oil, fuel filters etc on my 2.0 tdi. The oil change was included in the price. If you want an oil replacement additionally im sure that's only around the 50 mark. But i may be wrong
    I have just had the full service done this is in addition to that. cheers

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Guys, A quick update. Audi called back and said we are really sorry we made a mistake and you need to have the DGS oil changed and it must be done every 40K! Thanks for all your help guys. Cheers

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V16 View Post
    if audi has said no then you can still get it changed for an additional cost of 49.99 (something like that) but at least it gives you a piece of mind that it's been done.
    He mean's a DSG oil change not a standard oil change... The DSG oil alone is 100+++ so the cost audi quoted is correct.

Joe

Click above for my A3 Build thread!

Geordie Racer

Status
    Yep, the DSG/S-Tronic (whatever you want to call it) oil should, according to AUDI, be changed every 40k. I got a quote for mine recently from Newcastle AUDI @ 140.59 for just the DSG Oil Change. I asked them to break the quote down and as Joe says, the oil alone is near 100, I was quoted 87 just for the oil, the rest labour.
    AUDI S3 2007 Dolphin Grey

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    3.2 V6 Quattro S-Line DSG
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellz View Post
    Yep, the DSG/S-Tronic (whatever you want to call it) oil should, according to AUDI, be changed every 40k. I got a quote for mine recently from Newcastle AUDI @ 140.59 for just the DSG Oil Change. I asked them to break the quote down and as Joe says, the oil alone is near 100, I was quoted 87 just for the oil, the rest labour.
    Blimey thats cheap I have been quoted 269 from docklands audi for the DGS oil change. I can't believe the price can be so different!

Geordie Racer

Status
    Wow, thats quite a hike over 140. I may have gotten a better price because I was getting the car serviced and the Haldex oil changed but still, if they can price it at 140 for the DSG - 269 seems a bit of a rip off...
    AUDI S3 2007 Dolphin Grey

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    3.2 V6 Quattro S-Line DSG
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellz View Post
    Wow, thats quite a hike over 140. I may have gotten a better price because I was getting the car serviced and the Haldex oil changed but still, if they can price it at 140 for the DSG - 269 seems a bit of a rip off...
    Yeah thats what I am thinking. I have just had a full service, MOT and brake Fluid service. They are doing the DSG today. They have offered me 10% which is something. I got the service for 299 on my 3.2 V6 Quattro with free MOT. 75 for brake fluid. now 269 for DSG. Am going to call and ask them what the deal is price wise. May call a few other local Audi dealerships to see how much they charge.

TAC
    3.2 V6 Burble... hmmmmmmm

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AFN1980 View Post
    Yeah thats what I am thinking. I have just had a full service, MOT and brake Fluid service. They are doing the DSG today. They have offered me 10% which is something. I got the service for 299 on my 3.2 V6 Quattro with free MOT. 75 for brake fluid. now 269 for DSG. Am going to call and ask them what the deal is price wise. May call a few other local Audi dealerships to see how much they charge.
    Just had my DSG Oil and Haldex oil changed at Oxford Audi 245 all in was the cheapest price and very good service apart from the car wash which left the car dirtier than I had when i dropped it off to them!!!!
    Would reconmend them.
    Current - A3 3.2 DSG S-Line
    Gone but not forgotten Honda S2000 GT K&N FPIK (F***ing lairy in the wet but so so much fun...)- Golf MK3 GTI 16v -Mondeo V6 24v

FOR SALE - Indicator stalk and lower steering wheel cowling
    A3 3DR pair of rear lights in A1 condition from my 06 A3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Just had my DSG Oil and Haldex oil changed at Oxford Audi 245 all in was the cheapest price and very good service apart from the car wash which left the car dirtier than I had when i dropped it off to them!!!!
    Would reconmend them.
    Well they didn't even tell me about the Haldex! I found that out on here! So am having that done to. I have asked them about the price and they are going to have a look and check why its so much.

They have said i just need the haldex oil changed no filter car has done 46k