Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

Upgrading stereo

I'm wanting to fit a later stereo with the chrome buttons to my 06my but i'm not sure what i need as there seem to be so many differences.
    I've read i need an aerial adapter, wiring block but i've read the newer model has an amplifier in the tailgate and without this i'll get a poor signal?

Can i buy the amplifier and will it fit in the tailgate or will i need to drill/ stick it in there (are holes already in place? does it replace whatever is already there?)

I've been offered just the stereo (6 disc) for Ł100 so how much would everything else cost?

Cheers
    2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gievf Buckets

Status
    well if you can elabourate on what stereo you have and what youre switching to im sure that we could advise

by this i mean concert syphony rns-e etc

Status
    Should be a straight swap on an 06 plate if you are fitting a later Audi HU. Audi changed to quadlock around 05, but I guess you need to check yours if it's an early 06 as there was quite a crossover, I've seen 05's quadlock and ISO.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

2nd Gear

Status
    This is what i have now

and this is what i'm wanting (not this exact 1 as i dont have Bose)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-8P-mod...item23067e610b
    2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

2nd Gear

Status
    Any help please

:)

Status

Re: Upgrading stereo

I done the single din to double din swap and I would advise to buythe kit from kufatec.com this will give u removal keys, ariel plug and iso to quadlock loom basically all u needfor the conversion I got mine from eBay and had to mess around with cables and got the wrong ariel plug my car is a 2006 model and I had to get new ariel amplifiers from a later model, "johns3" was a great help to me about this matter drop him a pm

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●̮̮̃•̃)

Status
    You will need new aerial amps in the boot. Otherwise you will not get reception for radio. It will be ok for 30 sec's 'ish , then just cut to very poor reception. As said, see Johns3's guide in the faq's (it is for rns-e fix, but you need to do the reverse of what he has done).You could do a swap with somebody that is looking to fix their aerial issue with rns-e,to keep costs down.

I bought an rns-e harness from ebay, and the aerial adapter. Small wiring change to the harness. 1 wire piggybacked to another.

It will then work properly. You will not need vcds to any coding.

Hope that helps.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks guys - are there just 2 aerial amps in the tailgate? do i swap them for ones i have (do they fit in the same fixings?)

I don't suppose anyone has any pics of them fitted?

Is this the harness i need - http://kufatec.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=100 along with aerial adapter

Gievf Buckets

Status
    yeah theyre the same fixings if you check out johns guide youll get the pics someone will confirm on the harness

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●̮̮̃•̃)

Status
    That is the right one. However, mine wasn't that expensive.

This one is over half the price of that one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RNS-E-adapter-...ht_2732wt_1165

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks Scottie, just bought both amps for Ł20 so if i buy the adapter is there anything else i need apart from removal keys? - oh and stereo

Neutral

Status
    Hi, we spoke before, I have the stereo that you are looking for and the adaptor for the quadlock and aerial, pictures are in the classifieds. Could do the wholelot for Ł100 plus delivery, can't be bothered to put on ebay! Letme know.
    2008 Ibis White S3

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●̮̮̃•̃)

Status
    Look here @ post 39. John has listed the part numbers required for the antenna swap.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...-use-with-RNSe

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by geraint.davies View Post
    Hi, we spoke before, I have the stereo that you are looking for and the adaptor for the quadlock and aerial, pictures are in the classifieds. Could do the wholelot for Ł100 plus delivery, can't be bothered to put on ebay! Letme know.
    Sent PM

:)

Status
    Thats why i got the ebay ones aswell i done the same wireing change as scottie i think( two + required for headunit iirc also had to add a live for rear speakers) was real easy with all the help i got on here

Quote Originally Posted by scottie123 View Post
    That is the right one. However, mine wasn't that expensive.

This one is over half the price of that one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RNS-E-adapter-...ht_2732wt_1165