HELP, THINK IVE ORDERED THE WRONG CAR

aldo286

Reaction score
put a deposit down on a a3 170tdi , after reading all the problems with the dpf , im now thinking about stopping the deal and looking for a 140tdi, has the problem been sorted , or is it still a big problem , many thanks alan

My moms had her 2006 56 170 tdi slime for over three years and never had an issue. Hence I'm buying it off her and she's having a new one. You'll be fine mate and if you fancy more power you can have it deleted and remap.

thanks guys for the replys , how is it some cars have bother and some dont , ive read about them not liking short journeys ,so whats the point of buying one ,its a car and supossed to be a quality product, if audi are having such big issues with the dpf , why fit the f----g things ,im getting rid of my 330bhp s3 to try and save some cash , this bloddy country and crazy fuel prices , ive still got the evo for fun at the weekends though

The pre-2009's have a characteristic, not a problem, where the DPF gets full up and the engine tries to burn it off, meaning that it idles at 1k and you lose a slight bit of power

Nothing major

The new ones apparently burn off the crap on the DPF as it goes, so you won't have any problems

put a deposit down on a a3 170tdi , after reading all the problems with the dpf , im now thinking about stopping the deal and looking for a 140tdi, has the problem been sorted , or is it still a big problem , many thanks alan

Are we talking about a new or used car becasue a new 140tdi will also have the DPF now. I have had a 170tdi for 3 years and a new common-rail 140tdi for 1 year and not had any DPF problems with either of them. Stick with what you have ordered.

I've had mine for almost a year and done 17,000 miles and it has never missed a beat

The people who have had problems are the people who do really short journeys and never get the motor up to temp to help burn the deposits of the dpf filter. Don't nanny it when driving and you'll be fine.

You'll be fine lad, don't you worry about a ba5tard thing lad.

The pre-2009's have a characteristic, not a problem, where the DPF gets full up and the engine tries to burn it off, meaning that it idles at 1k and you lose a slight bit of power

Nothing major

The new ones apparently burn off the crap on the DPF as it goes, so you won't have any problems

I agree, I've had 2 170s with DPF an A4 and the 2nd being my current A3 SB.
On short journeys the DFP doesn't have time to get up to the correct temperature to re-generate. If this does happen a quick blast up/down a dual carrage way will sort it out. Personally I wouldn't see it as a problem/issue mate... and would deffo recommend still going for the car :icon_thumright: