Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel

one touch windows problem

Hey guys,

I have a 2005 A3 Sportback
    I have noticed that my windows are playing up... but its intermittent. the drivers door was not doing the 'one touch down'. i have searched the forum and found that i can reset the windows by opening the windows by holding down the switch and then closing them again by holding it down all the way. I have done the reset procedure and the drivers window now sometimes works on the one touch and sometimes doesnt.
    Now i have noticed that the rear passenger side window is doing the same but only when i am doing it from the drivers switch. If i open the window from the rear passenger door the one touch works...

now im thinking is it a problem with the actual switch in the drivers door or is there something else i can do to make it work properly?

thanks in advance guys
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I'm no expert but you seem to have identified the issue yourself as a faulty switch on the drivers section.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

2nd Gear

Status
    could be a faulty switch, but like you said to programme it just hold them for a few seconds whilst going up and down then one touch is meant to work.
    Audi A3 2.0 tdi sport..many mods to follow...just too fussy when it comes to making decisions!

5th Gear

Status
    I had this problem with the window shutting on one touch, but getting to the top and then opening again by a few inches. I spoke to my local Indy and they said that the sensors are very sensitive, and if your trying to shut the window on one touch and go over a bump at the time, it can activate the anti-close sensor which thinks that something is shut in between the window and the frame. It could be that this sensor is on its way out??
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

Neutral

Status
    My 08 S3 was doing this, i mentioned it to Audi and they did a software upgrade on it, never done it since.