Revo engine warning light

waring192

Reaction score
Posted in thread yesterday but it keeps going unnoticed as its buried in the thread!

I had a Revo stage one done a few days ago, huge power increase etc but...thel engine warning light flashed a few times after giving it some (not redlined though). Same again today but this time warning light has stayed on. Any ideas?

Vagcom should arrive tomorrow but its worried me abit.

Cheers

Sorry to hear that, VCDS will give you a much better idea as for now it will just be guess work.

Do you know which settings your map is running - i.e. boost, timing and fuel?

Also did you notice any change in performance when the CEL came on?

Nope, well dont want to give it too much but its still there, No change.

One thing though, the times it did come on for a bit the rev limit came in quite lowish, around 6000

What about the map settings?

Unsure of them, can call the place I had it fitted. Not had chance to order the select plus yet.

Oh I am running v-power also which it was mapped for.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone to Revo HQ, Wow they know some stuff! Told me straight away that the 08 onwards models have weaker valve springs or something (was in a German Audi bulletin) but they have a map for the 08 onwards which lowers the boost very slightly at the top end.
Although he said some people have got them replaced under warranty but the problem is the fault will not happen when its stock.

Revo HQ are superb ! Glad you are getting it sorted, a shame the dealer didn't know this up front though :(

So the dealer loaded the wrong map?

Warren posted a good thread about the valve spring issue iirc.

So the dealer loaded the wrong map?

Warren posted a good thread about the valve spring issue iirc.

Yeah but revo e-mailed them the wrong one as it was not in there system.

Cheers, do you have a linky?

Audi TSB was no. TSB 2019062/1, but the link in the FAQ which I had hooked to seems to have vanished....

Original thread link: HERE

Think im going to wait for select plus and then turn to stock and take it into audi. Dont fancy having the tweaked map when i can get the better springs put on as Im going to stage 2 some time next year.

Just as revo and you lot said. Vagcom is showing misfires on cylinder 3.

Need to get my select plus before i take it into Audi

this is the problem l had with mine. the only way it went away its when l had a turbo back exhaust fitted. dont bother with audi. l had mine reset, ecu changed, coil packs changed. didnt help. exhaust did. something to do with high temps. l have a thread here somewhere. trust me, same deal, never heard this with a revo though.

Going into Audi early next week too get them too have a look at it. Will let you guys know how it goes!

this is the problem l had with mine. the only way it went away its when l had a turbo back exhaust fitted. dont bother with audi. l had mine reset, ecu changed, coil packs changed. didnt help. exhaust did. something to do with high temps. l have a thread here somewhere. trust me, same deal, never heard this with a revo though.

Exhaust is going to bump my insurance up too much I think, anyone with Tesco?!

i've got turbo back exhaust, cai and stage 2 and i still have misfires sometimes. i guess it's a bad fuel down here...i'm just waiting for my fuel pump and intercooler delivery and then will try denso IK24's as i've heard that those help with this. it's really annoying.

Just as revo and you lot said. Vagcom is showing misfires on cylinder 3.

Need to get my select plus before i take it into Audi

Pointless going to Audi with the revo off mate. I have the exact same issue with mine. Mike at votex kindly put the car back to stock and I no matter how hard I drove the misfire wouldn't appear. Even the head Audi tech couldn't replicate the issue and we both gave it some beans. Tbe clears the issue so I have ordered a full milltek. Let me know what Audi say.

Pointless going to Audi with the revo off mate. I have the exact same issue with mine. Mike at votex kindly put the car back to stock and I no matter how hard I drove the misfire wouldn't appear. Even the head Audi tech couldn't replicate the issue and we both gave it some beans. Tbe clears the issue so I have ordered a full milltek. Let me know what Audi say.

Cheers, Muneeb, is your a post 08? Did you tell Audi it had it on?

Would love to pop the full milltek on but its the insurance that goes up too much.

Cheers, Muneeb, is your a post 08? Did you tell Audi it had it on?

Would love to pop the full milltek on but its the insurance that goes up too much.

I didn't tell Audi that I had the remap and took the S3 into the dealership stock. Although I had read the technical service buletin I did not ask them about it as wanted to see if they could trace it. Difficult situation as the misfire only occurs with the remap running higher boost and no matter how hard I drove the car I just couldn't get the misfire to happen with the remap off. In the end I just left it as I have always planned to go Stage 2+

actually since I have fitted the EVOMs it seems to have dissapeared recently..not sure if the 2 are linked.

Well took the car in today and they have found the problem and told me about the TSB so they are getting replaced, need to book it in for that though.

Full Milltek and intake is still going on tommorow though!

Well took the car in today and they have found the problem and told me about the TSB so they are getting replaced, need to book it in for that though.

Full Milltek and intake is still going on tommorow though!

Nice one. Did you take the car back to stock or with the Stg 1 remap?

so i need to get a select, take it to the dealership mapped, show them the fault, then quiuckly return to stock without them knowing? or just leave it mapped as you have the select. ( i dont even have my car back yet but i need to sort this problem for the future as planning to go stage 2+)