Finally S3 arrived. a busy project day

darren_wheeler

Reaction score
So, it finally arrived. A few of you on here have helped me no end on this, so many thanks to you all, and i promised a few pics.

a trip down to Poole to collect the car, and loaded it up with all the goodies which all seemed to go on just fine.

for those that have worried about what rubs and what doesnt when looking at 19's on an S3, here is the definitive answer.

the wheels are ET45, and the tyres are 225. i was warned that it would rub and it did. i removed the screw and drove 100miles with it and by the time i was home its pretty much gone. also consider that it had the OE wheels, springs abnd ARBs and it wasnt too bad. i have to say though its taken to the max. in hindsight though im happy with going with the decision i did. Anyway, i will leave the rest to you, its good to be one of the community again, 3 long months since those dirty toe rags nicked the last 2. suffice to say the security is about at its max.

hope you enjoy my addition here guys and no doubt be catching you all at a few events this year.

Stage 1 inbound, someone crack the 2010 DSG codes for me.
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/darren_wheeler/IMG_1185.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/darren_wheeler/IMG_1183.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/darren_wheeler/IMG_1196.jpg
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/darren_wheeler/IMG_1195.jpg

225 s ok on a 3 door need 215 s on the sportback with 19" wheels +H&R springs

Sorted the pics for you :icon_thumright:

Very nice I might add :)

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

it depends on the offset, but ET45 and 225 on H&R just rubs a little. 215 would not rub at all and certainly not at ET50, but im happy with what i went with.

OMG!!! I'm sooo jealous, its stunning! Love the alloys, look brilliant! Bet you have a huge smile on your face!!! The roof looks the muts and the white/black is the best choice.

hey ho, one day Sarah lol

It looks super cool mate well done .
And i hope this one is a keeper .

Dood, that car is

AWESOME!!!!!!!

I'm in love ....:wub:

thanks guys, 3 months in the making, so much selection, and all blind, but well chuffed how it all came together today. now, NEED MORE POWER

cheers N8. wow i deliberated about the Helios for weeks man. went with the VMR's and am pretty stoked, but not taking anything away from the Helios. just wasnt sure about making them anthracite, could have been sacrilage.

no justification, alot of respect, thats all. sizes, tyres, offsets, suspension etc etc. you made me the anorak i am today

:hubbahubba: How much do want that! If only I did my research and could of retrofit rns-e I would of had one!

Nice one Darren, although i would have got the wheels black to match the roof

Will have to meet up and have a VMR v710 photo shoot :laugh: you *******

Very nice! I wonder if it's worth doing something about the mirrors as they look out of place in 1 picture.

Darren where did you get those vmr's from, how much did they set you back if you dont mind me asking?

Car looks stunning btw

Hi there, got the wheels from Niche, i went direct to VMR in the US and it didnt work out at a huge saving and didnt want the hastle associated with it in the end. Just over £1k plus tyres. many thanks.

we are so elitest. ok lets agree on a South east ban on any more. looking forward to having a catch up some time

Looks awesome well smart - I was down in Poole yesterday - we could have met up and I could have "borrowed" your wheels while you weren't looking!!

lovely car , have to agree about the mirrors though need to go black or match the wheels like i have :icon_thumright:

That is Fu***n mental! Wheels look the nuts!! U make me want a new car :hubbahubba:

I know what im gonna wish for when i blow out my birthday candles next!!!! Gorgeous mate!! :thumbsup:

:laugh:, you need 20"s and air on the S4 james :wub:
N8 - I also need to update my pictures as I have had my Ibis White S3 since January, but what with re-locating, I simply haven't had time to take some decent pictures. Me bad.:lazy: