Anybody recognise this handsfree???

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
Had my car for about a week now and just wondering if anyone know's the name/manufacturer/model/etc of this handsfree kit.

I want to get hold of a cradle for it so I can use it with my phone.

Here's a photo of it.....

handsfree.jpg

:icon_thumright:

It's the standard Audi kit mate, like this one:

15082009011.jpg

It's the standard Audi kit mate, like this one:

Ah I see. Thanks.

So what else would I need then? A cradle specific to my mobile (BB Storm) I guess. Can be bought seperately?

Also, how does it all work??? I'm guessing it's all already wired in and comes through the speakers.... but how's it controlled??
Can't see a mic either. Should there be one??

Sorry, I've zero experience with these things. I'm more of a 'balance phone on lap, turn on loudspeaker and shout' kinda guy!

I just use the bluetooth connection tbh, dont bother with the cradle. I wish it wasn't on my dash, it is ugly:crying:

I just use the bluetooth connection tbh, dont bother with the cradle. I wish it wasn't on my dash, it is ugly:crying:

Hold on!!

So I can just scan for bluetooth devices from my phone and it will pick up the car?

What about pairing?? Do I need some sort of passkey??

yes just scan for new devices. while the engine is running obviously

passkey will be either 1234 or 0000

Have fun :) you will be grinning from ear to ear :)

just for your info, the mic is hidden in the center light cluster above your head, and the actual bluetooth unit is beneath the passenger seat under the carpet.

Have fun :) you will be grinning from ear to ear :)

just for your info, the mic is hidden in the center light cluster above your head, and the actual bluetooth unit is beneath the passenger seat under the carpet.

Brilliant mate. Let you know how I get on. Cheers.

The engine doesn't need to be running, just the ignition on :icon_thumright:

Works! That's a nice little added bonus on the car. Don't think the dealer knew it was ready to work cos it wasn't part of the "sales pitch".

Couple of questions: Is there any way to answer calls using the car's controls, or do I have to press answer on my phone each time it rings??
Also, if there are some controls done via the car, is there some sort of manual floating around that I could download??

Works! That's a nice little added bonus on the car. Don't think the dealer knew it was ready to work cos it wasn't part of the "sales pitch".

Couple of questions: Is there any way to answer calls using the car's controls, or do I have to press answer on my phone each time it rings??
Also, if there are some controls done via the car, is there some sort of manual floating around that I could download??

Do you have a Multi function steering wheel? if so just press the scroll dial and it answers the call.

I have rnse now and you can use that to answer the call also however can't remeber if it was possible to answer through the old Symphony I had before?

Hope that helps

Tom

I believe you can only answer through the rns-e.

If you have buttons on your steering wheel, you can also use the voice command for the bluetooth.

No multi function wheel.

Had a look in my manual and it looks like the only thing I can change using the car/stereo is the speaker that the phone outputs from.

Cheers anyway guys, really happy with the bluetooth kit, gonna make things a lot more easy for me... and legal!

:icon_thumright: Glad your happy. Nothing better than a Free mod!

Now you've just got to get rid of that hideous phone bracket :puke2:

Has anyone tried converting it into a satnav bracket??

It is possible I suppose, but I have rns-e.

I was toying with the idea of making a plate/badge or something to cover up the hole, but I think what ever I do, it will look gash.

I think the only way is new dash :( Why the hell didn't they put the bracket in the armrest!!!!

Well they did, if you specced the armrest. I wanted to get the phone prep but the only way to get it without the dash bracket was to get an armrest. So I basically paid an extra £90 for an armrest I didn't need! They've changed it now though.

My car has the armrest as factory fit, and also factory fit bluetooth.

So why they hell didn't the gits put it in the armrest? You've confused me now Staz !!

(not a hard thing to do really!)