Ongoing problems after Weitec's fitted

smudge_don

Reaction score
So, as a few of you know, i recently had my Weitec coilovers "fitted", if you can call it that

The garage did a **** poor job and wrecked my O/S driveshaft, requiring a new one, which im going through the small claims court to get my expenses back

Anyway, since the new driveshaft was put on, i have a very weird problem in which theres a "clunking" from the front O/S wheel, but only at very slow speeds. This can be felt through the car, but as soon as you hit 10mph or so, it goes away and doesnt come back until you are below 10mph again

So, Audi now have my car, lets see if they can see what it is, and more entertainingly, what shiiit the try to get me to replace :laugh:

I've been given a 2010 A4 with 30miles on the clock and with start/stop function, and i quite like it!!!

Pull up a set of lights, stick it in netural, foot off clutch, and the engine goes dead. Stick your foot on the clutch and it springs back to life!

However, i always thought that a car uses a feck load of fuel to start back up again, so i was wondering if it actually did anything economy-wise? Only time will tell!!!

Anyway, i'm only really writing this as i'm bored at work :lazy:

Enjoy :)

I had some Weitecs on one of my previous cars, and for the money I thought they were pretty good. Shame your fitter was a $hitter!

I had to have top mounts changed after doing mine as 'supposedly' the disruption caused in the fitting process knackered them (like I could argue against that!).

It raises an interesting point in my mind, and that is 'How many garages are actually qualified to PROPERLY fit' suspension systems that aren't OEM (e.g. have ride height / compression adjustment etc...). I know for a fact if I was to have it changed again I would never go by price of fitting.

Given that coilovers were originally designed not only to be ride height and compression/rebound adjustable, has anyone on here ever had their cars corner weighted or Beissbath 4 wheel aligned to ensure that they are set up exactly as the manufacturer intended?

Best of luck with your trip to Audi. hopefully they won't ask you for an open cheque ;-)

Last edited:
4 wheel alignment is on the cards in a few months time for me once the cars touching tar again

Last edited:
I had some Weitecs on one of my previous cars, and for the money I thought they were pretty good. Shame your fitter was a $hitter!

I had to have top mounts changed after doing mine as 'supposedly' the disruption caused in the fitting process knackered them (like I could argue against that!).

It raises an interesting point in my mind, and that is 'How many garages are actually qualified to PROPERLY fit' suspension systems that aren't OEM (e.g. have ride height / compression adjustment etc...). I know for a fact if I was to have it changed again I would never go by price of fitting.

Given that coilovers were originally designed not only to be ride height and compression adjustable, has anyone on here ever had their cars corner weighted or Beissbath 4 wheel aligned to ensure that they are set up exactly as the manufacturer intended?

Best of luck with your trip to Audi. hopefully they won't ask you for an open cheque ;-)

Cheers Warren, i'm hoping for the best

I had my top mounts changed when i got them fitted, so it can't be that

4 wheel alighnment is on the cards in a few months time for me once the cars touching tar again

Ye i need to get that done

£50 for a 4 wheel alignment makes it a no brainer really, well worth the money.

Hope you get the car sorted.

£50 for a 4 wheel alignment makes it a no brainer really, well worth the money.

Hope you get the car sorted.

Ye it's worth that at twice the price!!

Cheers, i doubt Audi will see anything that i and 2 other garages haven't managed to spot, but who knows :ermm:

Pad rattle seeing most of the susp components have already been changed, it took me ages to track it down on mine as i couldnt replicate the noise on a standstill.

Where does 4Wheel aligning for only £50? I need to know !! LOL

Pad rattle seeing most of the susp components have already been changed, it took me ages to track it down on mine as i couldnt replicate the noise on a standstill.

Where does 4Wheel aligning for only £50? I need to know !! LOL

+1

Knowing my luck opposite side of the country so I'll spend £100 on fuel getting there!

I used a place in Nottingham centre right next to the Football ground and wholesale markets, I did a search on Google but the name escapes me at the minute, total bill including adjustments was £47, I posted a thread on here about the place and they were very well recommended.

My car had only done @ 2,000 miles and was already showing evidence of wear on the inner edges prior to being adjusted.

Well, Audi have just come back to me saying

"the noise is happening because it's just too low"

:wtf:

Why does it still make the noise when i've raised the suspension up to standard height then?

I got 4 wheel laser alignment for around £30.

Dont know if they are national, but they are were very good.

http://www.tyrepros.co.uk/

Every thing was checked over and adjusted while I watched!

Well, Audi have just come back to me saying

"the noise is happening because it's just too low"

:wtf:

Why does it still make the noise when i've raised the suspension up to standard height then?

Audi and other main dealers don't know what to do with modded cars - if something isn't standard then they wont be able to find the problem from their book or diagnostics machine

Don't you have a tuner down there like AMD, etc?

Audi and other main dealers don't know what to do with modded cars - if something isn't standard then they wont be able to find the problem from their book or diagnostics machine

Don't you have a tuner down there like AMD, etc?

Ye i do, and i'm hopefully going to them to get some work done soon

Good thinking Robby!