VAG CAR CODING
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
VAG Can Professional
ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)
Reaction score
Website
vagcarcoding.com
Well after fighting with Audi for 7 months re a long list of issues they finally put me in a brand new Cabrio today. They did want to "factory order" my replacement until they realised that the Black Edition is no longer in production. Long story short they found a new car with another dealer, informed me that the spec was the same as my problem car but with a few added extra's which they threw in at no cost.

While collecting the car today I noticed that there was no phone prep in the armrest. Cheesed me off a bit as being able to charge my phone on the road without cables all over the car was kind useful. Figured that the extra's made it worth accepting the car so drove it away.

After not having much luck searching here, sorry if topic covered before, does anyone know whats involved in retrofitting the power and cradle baseplate, or indeed throw a link up to a related topic?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think anyone on here (maybe NHN) has retro fitted the arm rest cradle - mainly because it will be a pain in the ***!!! Plus you would need a new armrest to accomodate the cradle - will be an expensive upgrade

However, if you do go ahead with this mod and you have a leather arm rest up for grabs let me know :icon_thumright:

I don't think anyone on here (maybe NHN) has retro fitted the arm rest cradle - mainly because it will be a pain in the ***!!! Plus you would need a new armrest to accomodate the cradle - will be an expensive upgrade

Hmmm, good point. I thought I might just be able to run in some power then fix / glue in the phone cradle base plate, but this would prolly be a bit of a cowboy job.

After having the car for 44 miles now I think there is an issue with my armrest latching system. If there is then I might just get them to replace the unit with a baseplate one.

If the armrest is like mine, it only locks on the way back up, not down...?

Confused me for ages...

If the armrest is like mine, it only locks on the way back up, not down...?

Confused me for ages...

The rest seems to lock fine, but it seems to lock in very different positions to my previous A3. The lowest position sits just a few mm's above the center trim. Also, when moving the rest up and down I can hear a plastic'e clicking sound and the feel of the unit in general is not as good as on the A3 I had before.