Millitek Exhaust - A3 2.0 TDI

A milltek exhaust on your TDI will make little difference performance wise - it will make the rear end a look tidier and make a nicer noise.

If you get the full system exhaust including downpipe, you may see some gains but mainly, you will be able to get through the revs a lot quicker than standard.

Unless you go hybrid turbo and the full works, a remap is as best you can get at the minute for the car!

Oh its you, I nearly got an S3 because of you! :p Both of your cars are great!

Apparently I would benefit from just changing the back box to free flow instead? Which seems to be done by any custom exhaust place.

I've got a 2.0TDI 140 with zorst and map, did zorst first, it was quicker than stock then added the map, drives great, sounds great and looks great!

Oh its you, I nearly got an S3 because of you! :p Both of your cars are great!

Apparently I would benefit from just changing the back box to free flow instead? Which seems to be done by any custom exhaust place.

Boydie is 100% correct in what he said and so are you in what you posted above. The back box is the only restriction which any custom exhaust place can change plus you can then have any type of exhaust tip you like. You will still gain sod all power but the car will sound better and have slightly better throttle response.

Yeah, may sound like a newbie here but would a turbo back exhaust be any better?

Define what do you mean better? If you have a stock turbo or even a standard hybrid you can fit a 3" exhaust if you want but the only restriction is in the back box and a tiny percent in the CAT.

So what you're say is fitting a new back box would have the same performance benefits as a turboback exhaust with a stock turbo or standard hybrid? What about the DPF?
Hmmmmmm, now this sounds cheaper, so what sort of back box could you go for?

Truth is I don't know what a turbo exhaust is - let me research and find out!

Where would I get one of them installed? Custom exhaust place or would AMD be better? I dont think they do one for TDI engines.

*edit*
catback- from the cat back to the rear of the car [includes muffler]
turboback-from the turbo back [downpipe and cat back]

For the newbies of us out there ;)