A3 Quattro 18 or 19 inch wheels ? Opinions

Blackie

Reaction score
Website
www.desmocorse.net
Hi everyone

Not been posting actively but been viewing regularly. I have had an A6 estate in the past & currently have an A4 Cab with 19 inch wheels
I am getting an A3 2.0tdi Quattro next week
Its an S line with 18 RS6 alloys as standard
I am thinking about changing these for BBS CH wheels in black, but i am concerned about either fitting 18 or 19 wheels.
I know the standard ET is 45 but i have seen some lads on here with ET50 due to lowering . I am thinking of lowering the car as well so any info would be appreciated.

Good informative site by the way...:)

19's, and ET45 should be OK unless you are looking to mate with speed humps.

Check out the Rimz Thread - this topic is covered at least 2-3 times a week.

BBS CH are 8.5" wide with ET50 - if genuine. otherwise I think they are et35 - they are in 18" but not sure in 19"

I had them on my TDI and now on my S3 - both lowered

I have had 235/35/19" Tyres on them always with no issues of rubbing or scuffing even with full car load and being lowered.

Springs I would recommend would be H&R but if you want cheaper ones, go for Eibach.

Last edited:
Thanks chaps

I did check the rimz thread but it was a little vague. I called a dealer yesterday as the CH wheels are reps but he did say the 18,s were ET45. So i assume the 19,s will be the same.
I have 19s on the A4 & the ride is ok but i did,nt want the arches to catch on them if i lowered it.
I will order the et45 19 then & hopefully all will be well with it.
I just hope the handling isnt compromised with the 19,s
It cant be as bad a a Fiat coupe turbo lowered on its ****. That was like a go kart

I'm running 19's with ET35's (originally sold as ET42's - cheeky cnuts), and with OEM spring / dampers I get a slight rubbing when I have 4 people in the car. If I was to lower 20-30mm I'd have to change the wheels, no question.

If, as some people do, you like to slam it to the pavement, then ET50 would be the offset to go for on 19's (or higher). N8 will know better than I do as he is a self confessed rim $lut!

I'm running 19's with ET35's (originally sold as ET42's - cheeky cnuts), and with OEM spring / dampers I get a slight rubbing when I have 4 people in the car. If I was to lower 20-30mm I'd have to change the wheels, no question.

If, as some people do, you like to slam it to the pavement, then ET50 would be the offset to go for on 19's (or higher). N8 will know better than I do as he is a self confessed rim $lut!

Ok Mate thanks for that.

I think i read your thread. Did you get them from wheelbase ? I was in there yesterday & they had nowt but ****** mirrored bling that would look good on a Datsun.
The lad i spoke to said the 18s are ET45 so i will ring him about the 19,s.
I thought the 18,s would be a cheaper option as i have 2 sets of rs6 wheels with 8 good pilot sport tyres, but there is always that niggle that i should have bought the 19s when i had the chance.
May have to sell the 2 sets of rs6 alloys in the classifieds or have them painted grey for the winter

19" all the way my s3 has them and is low on h&r springs ....... just watch the speed humps ........:thumbsup: