WOTBOX launch/lift off control

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if any of the forum members are running one of these on an A/S3?. LINK TO: WOTBOX launch control

Some details of what it does:

The WOT Box adds two major features to any car. They are No-lift shifting and 2-step launch control. Both of these features are completely user-programmable using the WOT Box Graphical User Interface.

The No-Lift Shift feature makes no-lift shifting easy by cutting your engine's ignition for a very short period while you no-lift shift. No-lift shifting is keeping the gas down through the shifft. The ignition cut allows the synchros in your transmission to mesh easily, reducing the chance of missing a gear and damaging your transmission. Keeping your foot down through the shift also allows you to hold boost through the shift, thereby significantly improving your E.T.

The major benefits are:

Lower ETs
Reduced chance of missing a gear
More consistent, effortless shifts
Reduced wear on the transmission
Reduced chance of major transmission damage
The 2-Step Launch Control modulates the ignition by cutting power to individual ignition coils to hold the RPM you want to launch at. The turbo will spool up while you do this. You can use this feature for a more consistent and more powerful launch in boost!

Never sure whether these are 'all that' or more gimmick.

Any thoughts?.....

S3_Dan has got one on his S3. Not sure about anyone else though.

Not tried one myself so can't say much more. I'd like to know to know if cutting the ignition while WOT has any negative impacts in the long term?....

I had a run out in S3_Dan's car (when it was JonnyC's) just after the WOT box was fitted and it made quite a difference to launches and sprints through the gears.
It was good, but one I'd consider a nice to have rather than a must have if that makes sense.
I know Jonny is getting one on the TT too so he must rate it

If it could be turned on and off it would definitely be quite useful. Seen some video of an S3 with it on last night, and it was spitting flames with each gearchange :scared2:

I'll keep an eye on Jonny's threads and see what his thoughts are. This is a daily driver in the main, I'd like something more switchable.

Im sure the wotbox only operates when you operate the clutch when the accelerator is on the floor. During normal driving the car performs as OEM. I did a little reading into it a while ago after watchin a video on youtube with it fitted to an S3 8P. Another mod i have been considering is Water/Meth Injection done a good bit of reading into it and sounds like there are good gains to be had with fitting it. Fitting a WOTBOX IMO is more for someone going to track days and 1/4 miles on a frequent basis.

Davie

i want one of these! do you think the S3 in the vid is running a decat? (would it spit flames with a sports cat)?

It could be decatted but with a WOT box and cat you could still get flames on WOT shifting with all that unburt fuel going thru the turbo and exhaust...niiiiiiiiiice I like !

WOT boxes are invaluable for the 1/4 mile and track but not so useful for fast road driving unless you are street racing. They sound uber cool though.

i would buy one now if i could find somewhere to fit it :(

Reactions: Zman6000
wot box will burn your cat. so decat is a must.