Volks AutosBadger5
    4th Gear

Status

345mm ebc turbo groove discs and greenstuff

is anyone using 345mm ebc turbo groove discs and greenstuff pads on front axle? I now need some new discs and thinking might aswel do a 345 upgrade. would it be cheaper to do a OEM upgrade or use EBC pads and discs with S3 calipers/carriers? Thanks

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

2. # ADS
    ADS

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    The only EBC pad worth using is Yellowstuff, it works pretty well from cold but works good when hot and is almost dustless. They're not expensive either.

I wouldn't use the turbo groove discs - a decent plain OEM spec disc is better so therefore OEM S3 discs/calipers etc with Yellowstuff pads would be best option IMO.

4th Gear

Status
    Would i be able to use my existing guide pins, bolts etc if i buy calipers and carriers? Or would i need all new nuts and screws?

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    Sorry I've got no experience with S3/Audi brakes but I would imagine generally that lot would stay with the carriers/calipers so you wouldnt need to use your old stuff? The only bolts you would normally reuse is the big ones that bolt the carrier to the hub, and some new grub screws for the discs is always handy (but can get these from where you buy the discs from)

I use www.brakeparts.co.uk which use German-made BREMTECH discs which are very good quality OEM-spec discs, carriage is very reasonable too but they have a trade counter in Rochdale if you're not too far).

S3 345x30mm discs BDS6152 Ł52.50+vat each

I get Yellowstuff EBC pads from www.ebcbrakesdirect.com which applies a 10% discount just before paying and is usually free postage too.
    Last edited by c_w; 13th April 2010 at 16:56.

4th Gear

Status
    thanks mate, im going to get the r32 brakes and use yellowstuff pads from my local http://www.fr-rtuning-shop.co.uk/ind...productId=1301