AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Dynasty

Status

Chrome Tailpipe Covers for downwards TDI pipes?

Anyone know if there are chrome tailpipe covers for the 'droopy' pipes on earlier (2003/04) A3's?

If so, where can I buy them? and are they easy to fit? thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fossie

Status
    They are available direct from Audi, but at a price.!!

I'm sure I've also seen them on ebay but can't remember where - sorry.

Problem is you have to hacksaw the originals off first and I didn't fancy that !

Cheers

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

The Dynasty

Status
    Thanks guys. Are they much hassle to install?

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    There's a thread whereby people are buying the later 170 tail finishers (straight pipes), but you have to grind off the existing covers, then grind the "droopy" end off so the pipes are striahgt, then put the new finishers over them. However, they seem to sit in the bumper quite far (looks fine from behind but from the side they could do with being about 20mm longer).

That ebay link states for cars with a bigger rear bumper/skirt so they may well stick out too much on normal bumpers!

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

well you could always just take the part number and just got to the dealers and ask how it should fit? im not going to do this mod quiet yet as i have lots on my list which the rear bumper diffuser is one of them.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    That's for the Votex skirt, unless you do some mods they will stick too far out.

The Dynasty

Status
    Thanks for the advice everyone

Boycie

Status
    You would be best, cosmetically, to go to the likes of powerflow, have the current turned down pipes cut off and weld on a set of new, straight pipes - will look a lot better than turned down chrome.

The Dynasty

Status
    Good idea Boydie, may do that instead!

2nd Gear

Status
    I fitted a pair of theses - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT they fit over the existing trims and are straight. Fixing is done by removing the supplied clamps, push trims into place then secure by just using the 3 bolts - nice and tight
    2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by robby View Post
    I fitted a pair of theses - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT they fit over the existing trims and are straight. Fixing is done by removing the supplied clamps, push trims into place then secure by just using the 3 bolts - nice and tight
    so what did you do about the tailpipe being turned down? surely you need to straighten the originals somehow?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

2nd Gear

Status
    nope - the trims slid on straight if you bend down and look directly into the exhaust you can just see the downturned trims but in a couple of days the soot will blacken them
    2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

in the pic the tailpipe looks straight... so what do you do about the black thing? could you cut the end of the existing pipe a lil so it does not go straight onto the trim?
    does the trim stop the fumes from coming out the exhaust?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

2nd Gear

Status
    The black part of the bumper has a cutout for the exhaust so the trime fit perfectly

you could cut the existing trims but i only had a dremmel and it wasn't making any impact - the new trims don't obstruct the tailpipe exit so fumes can get out

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Sorry Robby, but I am trying to get my head around your exhaust trims

So you are saying they are not actually attached to your standard exhaust?

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    I read it as though they've been forced over the standard downfacing trim. Although I think it'd have to be a massive diameter.

Need better pics I think, Robby?

P.S. Scottie, damn your car looks good.
    A4 B6 Avant 130 Sport Dolphin Grey. FCA - Storage Pack - Advanced Lighting - Retro Fit Cobra Park assist - Gen OEM RS6's - Parrot Kit with screen in ashtray. Coming soon, stealth audio upgrade, LCR splitter.

Previously 60 plate Octavia VRS, Dull Mk6 Golf, A3 8P Sport with mods, New shape Jetta,2 x Passat B6 Sports with AMG 19's, A4 DTM, A4 S-Line, Bora 130 Sport Decked, Toledo TT comp Wheels, some other stuff, Alfa's etc. 1st car 1986 Polo Coupe S.

2nd Gear

Status
    The trims are bigger so fit over the existing trims, then bolts are tighten through holes in the trims to make sure they don't move

I'll try to remember to take some pics after work tommorow from directly behind so you can see inside - piccies save a thousand words

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Yeah I thought that also 4nt, but then thought as you say, the trim diameter would have to be mahoosive!

Oh, and thanks for the comment! It's slowly getting there now

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    The trims are bigger so fit over the existing trims, then bolts are tighten through holes in the trims to make sure they don't move

I'll try to remember to take some pics after work tommorow from directly behind so you can see inside - piccies save a thousand words
    Still cant picture it. !!! Surely if the original droopies are still on, the trim will have to bigger than a halfords special!

Need to see pic's I think!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie123 View Post
    Still cant picture it. !!! Surely if the original droopies are still on, the trim will have to bigger than a halfords special!

Need to see pic's I think!
    They do look like i've got an aftermarket exhaust but they fit in the cutout nicely - piccies tommorow

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    Look forward to seeing the pics and understanding it then coppying it! Cheers Robby.
    A4 B6 Avant 130 Sport Dolphin Grey. FCA - Storage Pack - Advanced Lighting - Retro Fit Cobra Park assist - Gen OEM RS6's - Parrot Kit with screen in ashtray. Coming soon, stealth audio upgrade, LCR splitter.

Previously 60 plate Octavia VRS, Dull Mk6 Golf, A3 8P Sport with mods, New shape Jetta,2 x Passat B6 Sports with AMG 19's, A4 DTM, A4 S-Line, Bora 130 Sport Decked, Toledo TT comp Wheels, some other stuff, Alfa's etc. 1st car 1986 Polo Coupe S.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

i just found these... not sure if they will fit tbh??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    wasntme, they are the ones that you'll have to remove the outer downpointing trims for, be interesting to see what they go for... Well spotted

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

but in a couple of days the soot will blacken them
    so how do you keep it so clean? i used to have a factory chrome exhaust on my focus where the tip would end up getting black and it was a b*tch to keep clean.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by 4NT View Post
    wasntme, they are the ones that you'll have to remove the outer downpointing trims for, be interesting to see what they go for... Well spotted
    im a bit lost with this... if you remove the down pointing one then how do you fit these? is there any pipe left to attach the finisher on?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    The backbox has it's 2 exit trims pointing straight out and then the downpointing trims are tacked on at manufacture, you can saw them or angle gring them off (there's a few threads with this shown, worth doing a search) and then you are left with the straight bit, just attach the trims, weld or screw them up tight and it's done!

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

ahh i see, i thought the downward pipe came straight out of the backbox. have'nt got on my knees to see the exhaust yet... still excitied of getting my first audi
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I bought wolfrace pipes and had them welded on, but afterwards I decided they were 2 small, ended up going for a turboback exhaust which is perfect for looks and noise

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

hey N8, on another thread you posted up your sportback, can you tell me what rear bumper you have?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

My standard S-Line numper that came out the factory with a 09 S3 Sportback valance added.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    My standard S-Line numper that came out the factory with a 09 S3 Sportback valance added.
    aahhhh... my bumper has that trim thing going around it and i was wondering how your one was so smooth. how much did the valance set you back? i want one of those.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

The 09 valance is in 2 parts, its over 200 + spraying. Yeh S-Line bumper is same as S3 bumper.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

The 09 valance is in 2 parts, its over 200 + spraying. Yeh S-Line bumper is same as S3 bumper.
    The price we pay to look good eh!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add that to everything else and its very expensive game

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Tell me about it

And as soon as you think you are near the end of your list,some clever 5h1t does something to their car, and your list grows again.............................

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I'm hopefully coming to the end of my list

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

does that mean its nearly time to sell the car and buy a new model A3 to start all over again
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    I have thought that several times now.............

LMFAO

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Nah, it means save up and buy a TT-S for missus, I won't be buying another A3 after this car dude.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast