Chris NottEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Audi S3 Service Intervals.

Hi,

I have recently picked up my 2010 S3. When I picked my car up I asked if the car was on set intervals for the servicing which I beleived to be 1 year or 10,000 miles and the salesmen said it was. After getting the car home and having a look about the computer I have discovered that the mileage to next service is counting down from 20,000. After this I checked my service book and the longLife service box is ticked.

Does anyone know what oil is used for cars set for longlife servicing and the oil for set intervals?

Has anyone or does anybody know if you can get the servicing setting changed at the audi dealer as I dont like the idea of doing 20,000 between servicing.

Thanks, Gary.

2. # ADS
    ADS

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Long life oil needs to conform to VW504 and VW507 standards. So it will be Castrol Edge 5w 30 or similar. As for the 10k service I would still recommend using long life oil as it is better quality and this is what I do.

The dealer can change the service schedule for you as well as anybody with VCDS.
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech