Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

Fuel filter housing

I have a 2006 model tdi which has the older type of fuel filter housing where the top is rustiy, this looks aweful as the rest of the under bonnet is clean.
    Is it possible to swap just the top part with the later type (alloy i think?) or do i have to swap the full housing?
    Is it easy to swap - disconnect hoses - swap housing (or just top) then reconnect hoses? or do i have to bleed the system afterwards?
    Any guides online (with pics)?

Cheers
    2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

2. # ADS
    ADS

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Give it a quick rub down with some sand paper and paint it with black hammerite. I don`t think you can just get the lid Audi only sale the complete unit which is around 100.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

2nd Gear

Status
    I was thinking of the hammerite route but i can get the top part of the later version from a breakers for 25 or the full housing for 35 - is it an easy swap?
    2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo