Volks AutosChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Help can't open the hood on 2005 a3 2.0 tdi bkd

Hi guys, i apologize in advance if this topic has been discussed already, i'm having a tough time finding the post via search engine.
    Long story short, i've serviced the car recently and when i got it back i've noticed that i couldnt open the hood. Now when i first tried the handle it kind of got stuck several times along the way.
    The inside handle is dead now meaning that if i pull it it moves freely back and forth without "grabbing"/opening anything.
    Do you know any trick i could use to get it open without using the interior hood handle?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. my oil level is near minimum, time is running out

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Have you tried getting some one to push down on the hood while you work the lever. you might find the cable releases and the lever works again.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

2nd Gear

Status
    @tuteh - check your inbox, PM'd
    Audi A3 2.0 tdi sport..many mods to follow...just too fussy when it comes to making decisions!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yep, didnt work out really but today i managed taking the car to a buddy's car-service.. quite easy in the end... we just lifted the car up and from the bottom we reached out towards the lock and the bonnet simply popped. Weird enough though, the cable hadn't snapped, everything appeared to be in top condition apart from the bonnet being visually lowered while closed also the lever works again . The bonnet still appeared to sit lower than usual after, but i rotated counter-clockwise some rubber thingies that could be found on the inside of the bonnet towards the wipers (unscrewing them) and fixed the aesthetic problem.

Thx again guys for your prompt support