Facelift s3

mojo555

Reaction score
Just ordered a s3 sportback and was wondering how long it would be before it is out of date,9when a facelift is due) also does anyone know if there are any changes due to be made in this build year..

Thanks

there is a new shape A3 due in, I think it's 2013, but I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong. The MY11 spec changes have not been published yet.

so i have just ordered mine how do i know if it will be a my10 or my11, even though they look the same anyway

any ideas where i can see the new colours??

Do you have a build week yet? If it's week 22 or later it's a MY11.

No reversing camera like the Golf (makes you wonder which one is supposed to be more 'premium')

No reversing camera like the Golf (makes you wonder which one is supposed to be more 'premium')

Yeh mate i was just sat here thinking the same as i was looking for info on the s3, the gold has much more options and does seem much more advanced!!!! maybe i ordered the wrong car....

then again the s3 is much quicker than the new gti, and the r is just out of my reach...

I see what you're saying, but do you really need an RVC on a golf?

I was at the stealers today enquiring about the RS3, and the sales manager was of the opinion that it will not be available until 2012 perhaps 2013:faint: - point being that there may be some homology built into the two variants (S3/RS3) and as such the revisions will be released at the same time possibly.

As an aside and sorry for going off-topic, I was chatting to him about ECU remaps and where he stood as far as warranty/trade-ins and he said that he would not touch it if he knew it had a remap on it - so, what exactly does the Revo switch do? As far as I can work out it is a kinda plug and play device - insert it into the coms socket and hey presto, you have the Revo remap? Is there any way to hide any naughtiness as far as remaps are concerned and can you reflash the ecu with Audi settings and not leave a trace?

G

I was at the stealers today enquiring about the RS3, and the sales manager was of the opinion that it will not be available until 2012 perhaps 2013:faint: - point being that there may be some homology built into the two variants (S3/RS3) and as such the revisions will be released at the same time possibly.

As an aside and sorry for going off-topic, I was chatting to him about ECU remaps and where he stood as far as warranty/trade-ins and he said that he would not touch it if he knew it had a remap on it - so, what exactly does the Revo switch do? As far as I can work out it is a kinda plug and play device - insert it into the coms socket and hey presto, you have the Revo remap? Is there any way to hide any naughtiness as far as remaps are concerned and can you reflash the ecu with Audi settings and not leave a trace?

G

Essentially allows you to select the 'mode'
- Stock (back to how it was - no traces of a map)
- Performance (not sure what this is)
- User settings (Revo map)

Essentially allows you to select the 'mode'
- Stock (back to how it was - no traces of a map)
- Performance (not sure what this is)
- User settings (Revo map)

Not quite, with REVO, the switch turns the map off (or adjusts the boost, fuel & timing settings), but the software is still in the ECU.

Superchips Bluefin actually removes the remap and flashes the stock map onto your car, I believe the GIAC flashloader does something similar.

Not quite, with REVO, the switch turns the map off (or adjusts the boost, fuel & timing settings), but the software is still in the ECU.

Superchips Bluefin actually removes the remap and flashes the stock map onto your car, I believe the GIAC flashloader does something similar.

Point taken - In my mind was sort of 'Map off; Audi won't know' thing going on!

this is all tempting me to get another s3... my11 with buckets :think: