a3 front grill help?

marnie2k

Reaction score
hi guys im after a little advice. i am going to get my front grill either painted gloss black so its nice and shiny with the chrome outer edge all the way around or ... i have seen that some people paint the front grill and the surround black in a slightly not so shiny black? what is this called and what do you think i shud do? ive got some pics below thanks :)
DSC02839.jpg

DSC02840.jpg

oh and i thought whilst i was photobucketing i wud put my pride and joy on that i am currently selling
untitled.jpg

Full black optic grille would deffo suit that colour car, there are loads of pics out there mate to help you make your choice. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with some example :icon_thumright:

Black surround and grille... Tak look through the pics thread mate

Example of optics... Post 426 on Page 9,,, loads out there though.

still cant find any blakc grills? lol maybe im daft but need a load of time to look there, has any1 just got a link to what the black optic grille is please? thanks

dont know were you were looking, but there is loads

black optics with black emblem

a50d6bf9.jpg

black optics with silver emblem

wallpaperLarge.jpg

sick :) what you think would suit mine then scotty ? black grill with chrome outer edge or just all black as i will have either ?

Black all over with silver audi symbol. Defo!

Have a look at ~FK grilles, they are a cheaper alternative to the oem optics grills.

hmmm i think i will go with black optics grille then but ... do you have to buy them as i have a body shop near me that my dad is best mates with and does paint jobs for me for free, i was thinking about taking my grille out and getting him to paint it, would that work the same?

It could do, but It will chip very easily and runs the risk of looking shoddy after a short while

You can get a black FK grill for around £70.

quick one, is the S3 front grill a straight swap with the A3 S-Line grill or is it smaller?