optional roof rails or not?

BeatmasterB

Reaction score
Hi, cant decide if to have the roof rails or not - what you guys think about em??

Ordering a phantom black sport back S3, with maybe the silver roof rails...
Not seen that many pics of S3s in phantom black considering it seems to be quite a popular colour, and have yet to see a good pic of a sportback with silver roof rails for comparison - If anyone's got one and could post a pic that would be well appreciated!! (and one without to compare also).

On an A4 estate then maybe, on a low spec sportback they look odd and have no place on a S3 IMHO

I've not long moved to a S3 Sportback from a 3dr S3, I think the roof rails look great - makes the car look bigger in a way. Not to mention that practically I'm also thinking of getting some roof bars to carry the mountain bikes which will fit nicely.

My 2.0TQ came with them fitted and they're a real bonus when it comes to carrying things on the roof. If you think you'd use a roof rack system at any stage, they are worthwhile and a very solid alternative to mounting aftermarket rails.

thanks for the comments... I think the roof bars give it more of the practical outdoor activity/adventure vehicle image - and i will be using it as an everyday car for carrying mountain bikes on holiday, dog in the back etc...

I think the roof bars look great tbh, more than just a practical addition but also because they are low profile, a styling feature as well.
My first sportback didn't have them but my current one does and if I get another they will be definately be high up on my priority list even if it's an S3!

Mate, make sure you make your mind up to have them or not. Trying a retrofit post purchase is a mare. That said, definately have them as it'll look great on black, practical uses no withstanding.

KKP