My Friday dilemma: Shall I deface my boot with a Ring sticker?

Ring sticker for the S3 boot; YES / NO?

• No: Might attract the wrong kind of attention

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've paid my money and done the time, so should I stick a (seemingly) statutory Ring graphic on the boot?

Be grateful to hear public views, so if you could place your vote in the poll I'd be a grateful man.

Simpler than breathing through your mouth :D

Any amusing comments to brighten a dull Friday warmly welcomed too!

Here they are, sat on my desk:

web.jpg

have seen a few A3s with Ring stickers on recently, why not go for it and if you get bored just take it off

hmm,, bit Tacky, but :), just a matter of interest how fast were you going around, and when was you, cannot seem to find any decent times on S3's around the ring., If it was over the Easter, PM me reg, will look through a few photos I took while I was there over Easter.

Side note though it was crappy weather, I was feeling Crappy, so did not take as many photos as norm.

Weather is great here today as well :)

My lap was part fair, part drizzle, and by the time I'd pulled over a couple of times to let stuff through it was about 10m30 ish.

Was never a case of risking mating with an armco, more the experience of just driving it for me.

Went very late in the day 6pm ish (CET) on the 2nd of April . I'm happy to pay for photos and have been busy searching for them on t'interweb and found nowt. Seems all the photographers had gone home by the time I got out.

Grey S3 with reg starting RK07 if that helps.

I just don't really like ring stickers, but then I have a big heart on mine saying WHEEL WHORE so what do I know! :Flush: If you like it Warren, go for it dude!

i say yes to going round nurburgring....but a big no to stickers.

I have an image of an amended version that you could use if you do decide to put them on however can't post it as on work computer (could email for someone else to post though...)

U my friend are very very lucky person 5th from the end of shots i did, my hands were dropping off, and I had had enough:(

WOOOOOO HAH!!

I don't suppose you have any of a Grey SEAT Leon Cupra like the one in the photo below (should have been out around the same time as me - between about 16:30 - 17:30 CET)? It's my convoy partner, and I'd like to get him a photo for his birthday.

web.jpg

Be happy to bung some cash across for some hi-res images.

id have one, you been there. i hate people who have them for show (who aint been there) i think going to the ring is something to be proud of, have the sticker.. but the silver one, didnt they have them wothout the writing?? just the ring??

Sorry no Cupra that I can see, I was not constantly taking photos, it was so cooooooooooollllld, and I was waiting for the guys I was there with to come around. I did very little photography in the end

SENT u a PM

Silver one and yes of course you have to have bragging rights after doing such a circuit.....castle combe sticker doesn't hold the same weight

Done to death IMHO especially now that there is a burg astra!!

Every granny and their aunt over here in N.Ireland has them on their cars and I can garuntee they have never been to the Ring let alone Germany!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *takes breath* ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!1one!1!11!!

Done to death IMHO especially now that there is a burg astra!!

Every granny and their aunt over here in N.Ireland has them on their cars and I can garuntee they have never been to the Ring let alone Germany!!

I have some proof (not that people on the street will know!).

Out of car (Courtesy of BrettButler):

Warren_Cox_S3_02-04-2010.jpg

In car (Courtesy of my navigator!):

Proof doesn't necessarily make it right though!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think indicators are neccessary on the Ring's corners Warren :laugh:

Oh they are when her royal highness was in the car. I was letting cars, wildlife, even tumbleweed blow past us so I didn't unsettle the good lady. Spend most of that lap off the racing line at about 6 to 7 tenths. That lap must have been one of the slowest on record (11 minutes+ I guess)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *takes breath* ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!1one!1!11!!
Cool.
Shouting in binary.
Never seen that before:icon_thumright:

Oh they are when her royal highness was in the car. I was letting cars, wildlife, even tumbleweed blow past us so I didn't unsettle the good lady. Spend most of that lap off the racing line at about 6 to 7 tenths. That lap must have been one of the slowest on record (11 minutes+ I guess)

Should have kicked her out on the carousel

I was in a similar situation as yours after getting the MTM stage 2. The parts guy came up to me and said that a lot of customers who have MTM tuning also have the MTM logo on their cars. It was only £11 or something and he had one in stock and after thinking about it, placing it next to the car and all the rest. I decided against it simply because I like the understated look of the S3, I like the fact when M3 and other pokers and stuff come next to you and think its only a standard s3, then they're surprised at the fact how can an a3 stay up with them or even be faster etc etc. So bottom line im trying to get at is that it will attract the wrong type of attention and give that trying too hard look. Ps imagine a M3 or a R8 with logos on them, it just says trying too hard, thats all my opinion of course.

I chose looks like your trying to hard, also would have chosen "done to death". I don't like stickers in general anyway but I don't see the point in sticking one on the car, it's now less of a big deal as the Ring is so popular now too.

They also don't mean much anyway, but you can take a motorhome on there if you feltinclined! There should be a sub-8 sticker though LOL.

Warren did you really need to ask, you have more class, do yourself a favour, call it one of the lsd moments of madness lmfao

Nope, it's tacky please dont!

An ASN.net sticker in your rear window though is of course as cool as a polar bears nuts!

Hey Warren!

I had a red one on my A3 (you may remember it was my avatar) but then I saw this in the petrol station:

DSC00031.jpg

The girl didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked if she'd been on the 'Ring (hold back on the dirty thoughts guys!).

On this car I have stuck it on the side window instead. Not too showy :icon_thumright:

DSC00168-1.jpg

I had this one on for a bit but it will quickly make you feel a tit. I wouldn't bother mate.

yep. for a while mpt sure if they are now, besides everyone knows the real sticker to get is part of the phil fan club, its a registered charity and allows me to get my s3 facelifted faster :laugh:

You must be related to Martyboy then, he has a charity registered under the guise of "Bonnie Baby Comp"

Just found them... Not convinced on the red and blueand don't think you would see them behind my glass. Plain white on the outside of the glass would look better on my tinted windows! :ninja:

Mate, stick it on if you want.... but you've got a bit of catching up to do...

Warren.jpg

Don't forget to get one that says 'HONK IF YOU THINK I NEED SOME MORE STICKERS'

:o.k:

feck me where's the seller of the stickers as I'll buy a million of them then.