Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

koni fsd dampers or performance upgrade?

hi all

was considering getting some koni fsd dampers and was wondering if they were worth getting considering all the posts about how hard the s-line's are.

or whether i should scrap that and go for a performance upgrade e.g. revo? also have noticed that audi do an upgrade themselves does anyone know more about their software?

considering the price for each are about the same

thanks
    A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, 18 inch RS6, Eibach Pro Kit, Koni FSD.

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I would do Milltek Turboback then intake then remap (Shark Performance) 272bhp and 290ft-lb, then get the shocks

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

4th Gear

Status
    the koni fsd dampers are great, particularly with some h&r lowered springs, but considering the labour is a big part i would consider doing ARB/springs/dampers at the same time then you only have to set the tracking once as well.

whilst you're at it, think about the tt bottom arms and ant-lift kit to max out the suspension improvements but keeping the labour charges to the minimum
    TT-RS 410hp revo
    Fiat 500 1.3 tdi 120hp
    A3 8P 2.0tdi 240hp Autograph Cars
    RS4 B5 520hp MTM
    S3 8L 345hp MTM
    Volvo 850 T5 300hp BSR
    Fiat Punto GT 130hp
    Lancia Delta Turbo 185hp
    Lancia Beta Coupe 122hp
    Mini 74hp

4th Gear

Status
    sorry i didnt answer your original question - go for the remap first - it will put more of a grin on your face, then when you realize how crap the suspension is with the extra power, you can do the suspension
    TT-RS 410hp revo
    Fiat 500 1.3 tdi 120hp
    A3 8P 2.0tdi 240hp Autograph Cars
    RS4 B5 520hp MTM
    S3 8L 345hp MTM
    Volvo 850 T5 300hp BSR
    Fiat Punto GT 130hp
    Lancia Delta Turbo 185hp
    Lancia Beta Coupe 122hp
    Mini 74hp

Neutral

Status
    ok cool, so which remap would you recommend? of course i have heard alot about revo

have the eibach pro kit so just need those dampers to complement in the future :-)
    A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, 18 inch RS6, Eibach Pro Kit, Koni FSD.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by alinghi9 View Post
    ok cool, so which remap would you recommend? of course i have heard alot about revo
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    I would do Milltek Turboback then intake then remap (Shark Performance) 272bhp and 290ft-lb

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

2nd Gear

Status
    I totally agree with dunk... get the remap first. I have APR running on mine right now with only the Carbonio intake and Neuspeed pulley and last summer I was on the dyno with 222WHP and almost 270 torque... trust me the suspension can wait and if you wait till next spring Koni will probably have their sale on again. I think the FSD's are 47% off till June, should have mine on in a couple of weeks with the H&R Sport springs so if you want a review later I will let you know.

6th Gear

Status
    Koni FSD Link to sale price etc ?
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Neutral

Status
    they do a sale? is that one a particular site?

that would be pretty good then. well do let me know what the outcome is when you get it all hooked up.

but i think i will go with the remap then seems like the way forward at the moment!