Is the A3 Sportback a family car?

Moley RUFC

Reaction score
I will have another child due in September and already have a 3 year old.

My current Leon seems fine for one but I'm not sure how it would stack up with another although the A3 boot appears slightly bigger on paper.

My other car option is a Octavia vRS hatchback or estate which would certainly have the space but not the spec a BE would offer without spending ££££.

How do people with families get by with the A3?

Last edited:
I have a 2 children, one is 12 months and the other is 5 years old.

We have no problems at all with space in the sportback.

It is perfect for us :)

My boss has also now bought a S3 sportback, he has 4 kids under 5, and they can all fit in his car with car seats /boosters etc. (his missus has to go in the boot though lol!)

Hope this helps !

True but I forgot to say this is a company car list I'm choosing from not my dream garage ( and then I'd have a AMG Merc over a RS4)

^^^ you will have no problems with the sportback. The back seats are big enough for 2 baby seats and the boot would fit pushchairs and shopping etc in. Its a good choice and its an Audi so very safe cars too :D Good luck with the choice

I only have one son 16 months old, but there is plenty of room in the back making it comfortable too. Easily room for your two baby seats. Having just changed from a Vectra where the boot is maooosive, the boot size on the A3 is fair one too.
Solidly built cars and very safe as Purple Princess pointed out.

Good luck and hope you make the right choice....for yourself :icon_thumright:

My Sportback has served me well with my 5 and 9 year old since getting it 2.5 years ago. I've used a roof box with it a couple of times as well for extra space, but for general day to day tasks it does a great job.

And before you ask N8, no I'm not going to spec them. :icon_thumright:

Childrens bucket seats dont look very comfy to me :)

200218314-001.jpg

Makes potty training a little less messy though.

It must be nice working for a company that has an Audi as a listing of optional cars :)

They are not all as nice nice! Don't think I can attach an Excell spreadsheet to show you

The cars that have taken my fancy are
Audi A3 BE 170 because of the spec including Xenons and Bose
Skoda Superb - Because my colleague has just had one and the live up to the name
Octavia vRS DSG - Not on this list but available and one mighty fine car although I would have to pay for any extras so not sure I could justify spending more on Xenons on a Skoda when they are free with an Audi (BE)
Passat CC - Just looks different and has a great spec

Last edited: