EM TuningVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

help on some wheel please guys?

guys i have an issue, firstly i have a 55 reg a3 2.0 tdi dsg s line. i want to change the standard wheel for some other wheels which i like.... audi rs4! the problem i have i notice on some a3's u can have 19" wheel. standard my s-line wheels are 18" and sit nice but i dont want to buy myself my new rs4's and then find my new 19" wheels look daft after spending maybe 800-1000 on wheels. what would you guys reccomend? just buy 18" RS4' or 19" RS4's? thanks people

2. # ADS
    ADS

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    19's wont look daft if you SLAM it.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Status
    It will look OK but it depends on what sort of ride you want IMHO it will feel awfull to drive and I would stick with the 18's, however plenty of the boys/girls have done it so really it's down to personal prefrance. Good luck :D
    Follow us on Facebook-Stacey-Byzan Photography-

2nd Gear

Status
    hmmm thanks guys but when you say slam it? i presume u mean lower the car? so it would maybe be best to just put 18"s on from the way people are talking?

Boycie

Status
    Check out the Rimz Thread on here for 19" inspiration

In my opinion, the car will require lowering if you decide to go down the 19" route. Either way, I would lower the car if you go for 18s anyway!

A set of H&R or Eibach springs will be sufficient for the job! Just make sure you get the right offset and tyre sizes to avoid rubbing - ideal offset is et50 but anything betweeo et45-55 is acceptable!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marnie2k View Post
    hmmm thanks guys but when you say slam it? i presume u mean lower the car? so it would maybe be best to just put 18"s on from the way people are talking?
    Do you like tight white t-shirts, Kylie Minogue and sing along to the Sound of Music? if so, 18's are what you want.

Otherwise 19's! =
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    I like making daisy chains......does that count...?
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    I like making daisy chains......does that count...?

Click here - this is a quiz to determine if 18's or 19's are right for you...
    Last edited by V6Pete; 8th April 2010 at 09:14.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pete View Post
    Click here - this is a quiz to determine if 18's or 19's are right for you...
    Or this

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Oh dear..I got 0%...its like being back at school ;-) sorry Patrick...you failed your O Level in being gay...Its a life of nagging women for you young man, just think...you will never be right about anything ever again !
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

2nd Gear

Status
    ok guys i get the picture
    im definately gonna get some 19" rs4's and i will order them as soon as i get some more info but what i need to know now is once i fit these new wheels to my a3, will they hit the arches or will there be any problems affecting the car as ive been told by some1 that i may have to re program the ecu to tell the car its on different wheels? weather that is true or not i dont know thats y im posting now and yes ........ i know i will have to lower it, i just dont want to buy new wheels then new springs and then have problems with my car some could some1 please assist me? thanks anthony

1st Gear

Status
    i m selling my 19 "rs4 off my s3 , they were re furbished to dark steel only 1 week ago
    S3 , CUSTOM CODE , NON RES MILLTEK , FORGE DV , 19" BBS CK (ANTHRACITE) , GREEN COTTON FILTER , ECS DOGBONE INSERT + EVERY AUDI OPTION

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gingers3 View Post
    i m selling my 19 "rs4 off my s3 , they were re furbished to dark steel only 1 week ago
    PRICE?

Gievf Buckets

Status
    back off mine scottie haha no ive other plans youll see some gorgeous wheels in a different colour gracing the s3 soon hopefully

1st Gear

Status
    re furb cost me 250 so ill start at 475 ? offers
    S3 , CUSTOM CODE , NON RES MILLTEK , FORGE DV , 19" BBS CK (ANTHRACITE) , GREEN COTTON FILTER , ECS DOGBONE INSERT + EVERY AUDI OPTION

2nd Gear

Status
    gigners pm pal
    Last edited by marnie2k; 9th April 2010 at 21:12.

2nd Gear

Status
    thanks guys but i still need to know if i will have any problems with 19" wheels on my a3?

6th Gear

Status
    You need some nice BBS CH in 18" perfect offset ET50, I have some for sale, drop me a pm
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

1st Gear

Status
    perfect off set is 45 , with this the wheels sit perfectly in the arches , 18 " are too small on the a3 , 8x19 et 45 is the way to go

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    anyone would think ginger and spin have wheels for sale

1st Gear

Status
    no ! ha ha , he only lives up the road from me too !!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    19"s are pleasing on the eye, but as Pete said you will need to lower it, preferably on coils.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Neutral

Status
    19's looks good but the ride is very compromised... depends if that matters to you...

2nd Gear

Status
    how do you mean compromised? that does not sounds very good lol? i am going to lower ofc but so long as alls i have to do is lower it im happy with that ????????