170bhp owners - Has anyone removed the DPF and got a custom map?

Mikey

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone here has removed the problematic DPF on their cars and had a map along with the removal of the DPF? Im getting a Passat 170 DSG soon and was looking at the custom code software with the DPF removal bypass. Any comments welcome.

You know it makes sense Mikey,let the modding begin,don't fight it :laugh:

i reallllllly want to its just so hard and expensive mine being a quattro :( wish i never got one now lol

Yes mate a huge differance only way I can describe it is animal, can't wait to get the dsg map as with the two the car will be unreal

Chris, thanks for posting up. Did you go for the Custom code map and milltek de-dpf then? From JBS? What sort of BHP and Torque are you kicking out? Cheers.

Yes mikey I used jbs, un sure of the power ATM as I havnt had it on the rollers yet, it's expected to be 220+ n it deffo is asine now pulls away fromy mates st3 focus

thanks Chris, you dont mind if I chuck a PM your way and have a little chat about it do you?

I keep being told It will not pass MOT on the smoke test if the DPF is taken off . Chris do you get lot black smoke now when put your foot down ?

Ye mikey feel free mate

n it passes mot with flyin coloure mine did, this is because diesels dnt have emission tests they have a smoke test and only fail if it excessive black smoke :)

Now you have removed the DPF i think it is about time you fitted a decent sized turbo plus a set of Bosio PPB nozzles.:friends:

well ive got my 170 dsg passat and the thing FLIES. Tonight is the 1st time ive had a chance to open it up properly since picking it up yesterday and its smooth and rapid as hell. Im actually seriously thinking that this car could allready be mapped, so im going to have to get it on the rolling road to see. If its not mapped allready then I really cant imagine what a mapped one with DPF removal will be like. Any other ways other than a RR can I check if its been mapped?

Why does removing the DPF give such a performance increase? Better flow out the exhaust or something?

Do only the 170s have DPFs?

Why does removing the DPF give such a performance increase? Better flow out the exhaust or something?

Do only the 170s have DPFs?

DPF is very very restrictive. I think some 140's have them dont they? The newer ones?

Glad u like it micky get some pics up of her, deffo get the dpf delete tho mate the differance is unreal lol

devonmikeyboy- you got links tobthe turbo n I hector I need to
take mine further? Would be a great help

chris

well ive got my 170 dsg passat and the thing FLIES. Tonight is the 1st time ive had a chance to open it up properly since picking it up yesterday and its smooth and rapid as hell. Im actually seriously thinking that this car could allready be mapped, so im going to have to get it on the rolling road to see. If its not mapped allready then I really cant imagine what a mapped one with DPF removal will be like. Any other ways other than a RR can I check if its been mapped?

Not bad are they.

I have the standard map back on mine at the moment and its still reasonably quick. With the Bluefin on its so torquey and it just pulls and pulls. Thats with the DPF still on too.

Went out in Jordans standard A3 170 and it flies! So a mapped one with dpf off, full zorst etc, is gonna be quite scary for a TDI!

Just need to find a decent exhaust place near me that can do a nice job for the turboback decat system

Hi I have seen all the A3 170 DPF posts above regarding DPF delete. I have a A4 B7 2.0 Tdi 170 Quattro and want to know if I can also get the DPF removed. I have heard it is a costlier job perhaps as the A4 engine is longtitudinally mounted as opposed to transverse A3 engine. Anyone own an A4 and has had the DPF removed, or does anyone know if it is possible and a place that can can it for me. Cheers

Doh! Just noticed that my profile still shows the now dead Kingfisher Blue 1.9Tdi Q which I used to have. Actually perferred that (tweaked) engine to be honest over the new 170.
Must update my profile.

Hi I have seen all the A3 170 DPF posts above regarding DPF delete. I have a A4 B7 2.0 Tdi 170 Quattro and want to know if I can also get the DPF removed. I have heard it is a costlier job perhaps as the A4 engine is longtitudinally mounted as opposed to transverse A3 engine. Anyone own an A4 and has had the DPF removed, or does anyone know if it is possible and a place that can can it for me. Cheers

Best off asking the A4 sections if you have an A4....

Best off asking the A4 sections if you have an A4....

I have had mine DPF removed by London Remaps. They have also remapped my VW PASSAT B6 from 140HP to 170HP. Massive difference.

Remapping was included in price. Entire job only took them 3 hours to complete. They are based in South London - Dulwich SE24, here is their website:

www.londonremaps.co.uk

I don't think there is a cheaper and better equipped place in London

Andrew