BBS LM Wheels

3.2Q

Reaction score
Im thinking of getting some BBS LM Wheels for my A3 in black with a polished lip. What are ur opinions of these wheels and has anyone got them on their car if so could you post some pics.

Last edited:
Are you going for genuine BBS or the ebay reps?

have a look in the rimz thread. There are some lm's in there

I had 19" LM reps on mine (regular silver). They looked cool, but definitely go for 19's, as 18" LM's look über-small.

i'd have to go for some reps, would love some original BBS but cant afford to shell out that sort of money! Do u guys reckon i go for the black with polished lip or just plain silver??

i'd have to go for some reps, would love some original BBS but cant afford to shell out that sort of money! Do u guys reckon i go for the black with polished lip or just plain silver??

What colour's the car?

LM reps are not very good,they look good for a while,then the chrome around the fake bolts start to lift
and water starts to get under the laquer.
I had them on my girlfriends 4motion so do know from experience

BBS LM Reps are the worst reps you can buy, every set i see look f**ed within months.. you can always tell they r copies when u look close too.. as evocos said they start peelin instantly cause of the design!

BBS LM Reps are the worst reps you can buy, every set i see look f**ed within months.. you can always tell they r copies when u look close too.. as evocos said they start peelin instantly cause of the design!

I dunno, mine looked fine, but were about 3 months old when I sold them.

LM reps are not very good,they look good for a while,then the chrome around the fake bolts start to lift
and water starts to get under the laquer.
I had them on my girlfriends 4motion so do know from experience

Have to agree my best mate had a set of 19" took about 2 months for them to start lifting around the edge.

Conclusion of this thread then, LM Reps =

bf_fail.jpg

Haha fair enough. Time to start looking again. But I still can't decide on what finish to get, silver,black or anthracite :think:

The only thing with lms is it seems every tom **** and harry with a vag has them.

As for the rep alloys,heard alot of bad storys about the buckling and even cracking as the alloy is soft so if you looking to get a set id defo look for genuine alloys

I love LM's, think they suit the A3 perfectly but yeh shame about the quality of the reps.

i saw a set the other day and they were ruined the chrome was all but gone and they were badly corroded , steer clear of them , i was going to ge some for mine but decided agaisnt them after seeing some old ones they were ****ed too

Cheers for ur advice guys! I guess it's time to go back to the drawing board as reps seem to be a big no no! Now to try and decide on what wheels would suit my car. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ;) here is a pic of my car to help :)
6AF3D134-orig.jpg
FC77938F-orig.jpg

Cheers for ur advice guys! I guess it's time to go back to the drawing board as reps seem to be a big no no! Now to try and decide on what wheels would suit my car. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ;) here is a pic of my car to help :)
6AF3D134-orig.jpg
ive got reps on mine so its not all reps are bad ive not had a problem with mine still strait and true ive had em for 4 years too (mind you they have changed colour twice) so i wouldnt rule out reps just not lm reps as they have the chrome on them

Ok cool. What reps are on urs?

Replica Alloy Wheels + Budget tyres + rain = Sounds like an evening full of fun :laugh:
i dont see the point of buying top brand tyres as my car is a daily so couldnt justify spending money all the time on expensive tyres (im a tight **** i know )

fair enough mate my mate loves them too , i used to run toyo proxes on my old rs but as i drive my A3 all the time tyres get a tad expensive the ones on there now do me just fine , when i get my 19's i will get some nice boots but budgets for me for now me thinks lol

I never go budget from previous experiences of awful road grip - plus I always run stretch, so Falken is perfect level :wub:
fair enough dude , the ones on there now are the only ones which are ok but mind you i dont really go flat out anymore ive got old you see so just cruise around now hahaha

What like these?

508cd206.jpg

I always have sets of sale, either 8.5s all round or 8.5s & 9s

I absolutely have fallen in love! Lol they are AMAZING!! dude I would kill to have them on my motor but they will be way out of my price range :( :(

They are cheap OEM wheels only £700 each from the dealers :laugh:

Ouch! Lol how much do u sell them for N8? And do u do finance or can I pay in installments?? Lol!!!!