S3 Relocating battery in boot

Haz1

Reaction score
Hi all

Im taking the advice given by members and am now planning on getting an induction kit and autotech fuel pump fitted :w00t:. But I want to get this induction kit fitted:

DSC_9632.JPG

But inorder to get this beast fiited the battery needs to be moved. I wanted to know how hard would it be to move the battery in the boot just like the TTS has and what would be involved?

ps i know some people will say the normal ITG kit is more then ample but I maybe going the BT kit route so want the best parts I can get and btw the car is a 07 S3.

Thanks
Haz

What airfilter is recommended for the big turbo conversion? Also might be easier to just get a lightweight battery that has smaller dimensions???? Pretty sure I have seen a pic on this forum and it saves a lot of room.

would there not be issues in access to the battery if it failed ?

What airfilter is recommended for the big turbo conversion? Also might be easier to just get a lightweight battery that has smaller dimensions???? Pretty sure I have seen a pic on this forum and it saves a lot of room.

I've thought about the lightweight battery and I will give ITG a call tomorrow and see if you really need to move the battery however the battery does take alot of space.

would there not be issues in access to the battery if it failed ?

Well I going to install the factory negative and postive posts in the engine bay like the TTS so you can jump start the car and get the boot open incase the battery fails.

The wiring additions weight will prob. Equal out any gains you make!

Wouldn't have thought you would have any problems putting the battery in the boot. There is the correct space under the spare parts foam for it to go, next to the spare wheel, which is just left empty! Thought about doing myself but never got round to it.

The 3.2 has the battery in the boot so it would be best to copy the wiring to see how it goes. I had a 3.2 before and the earth was just connected to the bodywork next to the battery. Again, the fixing for the earth strap is in place but just not used. I guess you would just have to make a positive lead to connect up to the positive in the engine bay.

Got the battery in the boot of my A3. There is a battery box already there fitted from factory. All that was done was run a positive and negative to the battery box and put hte battery in the box then connect up. Couldn`t be easier. If i need to jump start the car just connect a postive clamp on to the starter motor terminal and the earth on to the engine block some where.

Got the battery in the boot of my A3. There is a battery box already there fitted from factory. All that was done was run a positive and negative to the battery box and put hte battery in the box then connect up. Couldn`t be easier. If i need to jump start the car just connect a postive clamp on to the starter motor terminal and the earth on to the engine block some where.

Thank you for your help, made this idea a real possiblity. It looks extremely straight forward to do since the a3 3.2 quattro comes with the battery in the boot. Btw i know this may be a big ask, but would it be possible if you can take a picture of the battery in the boot and one of the engine bay just so I can have it figured out in my head.

Thanks
Haz

I will take some pics later today when i go see my car for you as my car is off road at the moment getting a new custom tubular manifold made plus a roll cage fitted.

Thank you for your help, made this idea a real possiblity. It looks extremely straight forward to do since the a3 3.2 quattro comes with the battery in the boot. Btw i know this may be a big ask, but would it be possible if you can take a picture of the battery in the boot and one of the engine bay just so I can have it figured out in my head.

Thanks
Haz

Haz, get in touch with Andy Jackson at ITG as he is keen to do an ITG kit for the S3 utilising their generic CF filter housing but as you have stated it requires a battery relocation, Andy used my TTS for the original design. The last time I was at ITG I mentioned the battery space in the boot and he was very interested, got to be worth getting in touch the only issue I can see for you is the distance involved but his work is methodical and excellent.

Reactions: Kelza
Haz, get in touch with Andy Jackson at ITG as he is keen to do an ITG kit for the S3 utilising their generic CF filter housing but as you have stated it requires a battery relocation, Andy used my TTS for the original design. The last time I was at ITG I mentioned the battery space in the boot and he was very interested, got to be worth getting in touch the only issue I can see for you is the distance involved but his work is methodical and excellent.

I just spoke to him and he is very interested in fitting the aluminium inline induction kit which is good till 550bhp. He said the carbon would be overkill unless I planned to go over 600bhp lol. So I'll get the aluminium one fitted. Arranged a time with him for June since here's going away abroad in may for 3weeks. Can't wait!!

Ps any tips on moving the battery would be very helpfull, thanks.

This is exactly what I'm looking to do, anymore details on how to run a positive and negative from the engine bay to boot battery box? Would it be easier if I ask a car audio installer to do it?

Thanks in advance.