Possible Fly Wheel Issue ?

ashurz

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm hoping some fault Guru will be able to put my mind at rest. I've search the forum and think it may be the flywheel? ....

I have a slight issue where the rev counter can flutter round ever so slightly.

The video attached (sorry about the song =) shows the car my 2.0tdi 60k; with the cruis control set and the car doing 60mph and as you can see the rev counter moves ever so slightly. It's been doing this for probably over a year now and i've just lived with it. My concern really is, will it be doing any harm to anything, if it is the fly wheel will it just go, if so should i replace it pronto? Thanks for your help!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/HHtKKJg1cCc&hl=en_US&fs=1&

[ytv]hhtkkjg1ccc&hl[/ytv]

:icon_thumright:

I had the fly wheel go on my S4, when it went it had simmilar symptoms to a coil pack failure - lots of juddering at all engine speeds. It was so bad I had it towed. I dont remeber the rev counter moving like and I am not an expert but I dont think its the fly wheel.

thanks for that scottie, might not be the flywheel. Although gt can sometimes be a little rough idleing when warm- that can vibrate a little. Forgot to mention it's dsg too... It all seems a little strange !

I have a video on YouTube of my A3 with it's knackered flywheel, it's quite a noticable noise.
Try putting your car in P or N, rev the car to approx 2000RPM and release the throttle and see if it makes alot of stuttering like mine. Search for 'Audi A3 tdi DSG Idle stutter'

Sorry i can't link at the moment

No, thankfully it doesn't seam to shutter like that. Not sure what the revving is all about .....? I wouldn't have thought the common EGR valve has got anything to do with it ... and i dont have any warning light sup ..?? =$ This looks like it may have to go into Audi £££

the revving is to see if the car shudders when you release, If i rev mine to approx 2000 then release it stutters like in the video, that stutter is the noise the flywheel makes. Also, that flywheel fault doesnt bring up any warning lights.

Maybe you can post a video of yours?....