iPhone to in arm rest phone prep

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Guys, quick question, is the iPhone compatable with the phone prep inside the arm rest?

I have the the arm rest prep and just got an iphone and wondering if it will work and what do I need??

Thanks

im in the same postion as you atm lol. have you got the thing that you plug into the arm rest that you then plug your phone into. im not sure and dont hold me to this but i think you need a certain phone for it.

You can get an iPhone adaptor. They cost around £100.

You only need the cradle if you want to charge the phone tho. It will still work via bluetooth without the cradle.

This is what i was told at dealership on friday? He said it was a waste of £100 quid.

Can anyone confirm this is correct??

Yes that is correct.

The other benefit of using the cradle will be that the phone uses the external antenna for signal, but I use mine via the bluetooth, and have no issues

All other functions will be the same I believe

can i just check this then
if u use the cradle, then it bypasses the bluetooth and is totally hardwired into the car, with in theory better signal and connection, as ive got a 3GS mine keeps randomly disconnecting and reconnection, tho not always :S

I believe it also activates the voice calling on the MFSW if you use the iphone with the cradle,but i also just use the bluetooth and works a treat !

yea mine generally works fine, its just the random disconnecting that a bit of a pain lol
but it hsnt cut a call off yet, so see how it goes, and to be fair cant see me moving away from an iphone for a very long time so if it does start to get on nerves then can always get a cradle lol :)