Turbo or EGR problems

Phatboyruss1

Reaction score
Hello guys, newbie here, i've got problems...

As I accellerate in first, second (and now third :sadlike:) as I go for another gear there some white and blueish smoke coming from the back of the car. My first thought is that the turbo is on the way out but looking at some of the other threads (on various VW/Audi forums) suggest that it could be linked to the EGR valve being clogged up and not working properly.

Also it feels like there is a slight jolt as I accelerate around 2.5k ( this isn't a regular thing though) and the same posts mention this.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here and is my turbo on the way out or is my EGR valve playing up?

Also I have noticed some mayo like sludge in my intercooler (left hand side as you look at the back of it) water and oil caps free of nasty mayo like deposits, could the intercooler (when the intercooler seals where dodgy) have sucked moisture in?

Thanks in advance, (man I could do with some good luck!!!)

Russ

I take it you are talking about a diesel engine of some sort? Sounds like turbo/EGR related sort of thing so best thing to do would be to remove and clean the EGR and go from there.