Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

How to get to drivers door lock mechanism

Does anyone know how i can remove the door lock mechanism (the part which catches on the striker plate? I think one of the spings in it has come off, as its not latching properly.

I have removed the door trim, then the pastic panel which is behind the trim (the part the door handle cable goes through), but now i cant see how the inner part of the door is removed the get the locking unit out. I have undone the 2 bolts that hold it to the door seal, but it's still attached by the operating rod (as its called in ElsaWin)

If anyone else has elsawin and can give me the job no: to the door disassembly or any other info that would be great
    Audi A3 2.0TDi S-Line - Bose - AMD Remap - Pipercross Performance air filter - RNS-e Retrofit - RS4 style Alloys

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    i would like to know how aswel plz

Reverse Gear

Status
    Not done it myself but just had a look at Elsawin

Have you looked at Body/General Body Repairs - Exterior/57 Front Door Central Locking/Front Door ? Other related section re trim is Body/General Body Repairs - Interior/70 Trim, noise insulation/Door trim (front)

1st Gear

Status
    I had to change the front passenger door lock mechanism recently (S-Line Sportback), its quite easy. Took me about an hour to change door lock.

The rod is attached to a yellow and black "snap-in catch". Open it back fully til it clicks. Be very careful NOT to drop the plastic catch down the door panel, its a b*tch to get back up. Took me 5min to fish it out.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFSIer View Post
    Not done it myself but just had a look at Elsawin

Have you looked at Body/General Body Repairs - Exterior/57 Front Door Central Locking/Front Door ? Other related section re trim is Body/General Body Repairs - Interior/70 Trim, noise insulation/Door trim (front)
    cheers mate, i downloaded the programme and seems very detailed just trying to find the right section now

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The door lock has a plastic locating lug/part from the key hole aswell, make sure this is refitted correctly if you want to use the key hole anytime going forward, but the handle rod you're referring to does indeed click into a locking plastic clip thats yellow from iirc 05 or so onwards, but this shouldnt fall of at all if you unclip it correctly, heavy hands would cause that, done it enough times myself to know it shouldnt come of whilst removing.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK