S3 Key issue, well possibly :S

jungleman

Reaction score
hey guys

i picked up my 56 plate S3 last week, and all had seem to be going fine untill the other day when i went to unlock the car... nothing, so tried the lock button just incase and still nothing.
anyway this carried on for a couple minutes with me really starting to panic a bit till i thought id try to unlock the car with they key, which obviously worked fine, i then tried the remote buttons again and they started working fine

now this has happened a couple of times again since, so ive resorted to my other key and so far there have been no issues.... anmy ideas what it could be?

i also dont have a plastic key tag, how important are these as i got the car from an audi dealer should they have supplied me with one?

cheers guys :)

A few people seem to be having this issue recently. Most likely down to faulty key fob. £150 - 180 if you want a new one coded correctly via Audi or Happydayz. Older A4s seem to have the same issue- I Googled it & got various threads back.

I had exactly the issue you're having, so when my car was in last week I thought I'd tell the Audi technicians about it for a laugh. Totally unsurprised when they said it hadn't logged a fault code, so there was no error. Why did I take the car to them? Maybe I needed my coolant filled to the top of the reservoir for a reason...

Did what you did and started to use the spare key. Fine so far - just stick with the second key.

Not a clue about your plastic tag though. I got my S3 from a Renault main stealer and it had the tag. May not be vital - just ask 'em...

Enjoy the motor :jump:

hummm well i wont be happy if they even have the cheek to ask for money if it means a new key, one of the reason i got it from a main dealer as i wanted the audi warranty lol

ill try both keys for the next week or so and see what happens, if it keeps happening then ill be showing up at the dealer with a not very impressed look on my face haha :)

oh im absolutely loving it atm, keeps a smile on my face haha :)