Chipping a 2.0 TDI

anty

Reaction score
I have seen revo that can map various vag engines but have not seen one done for a 2.0ltr tdi, any one know if this is possible ? or any place else that can provide a good "bump" in power ?

thanx !

Had mine done by Oettinger through RSD in Daventry. Was well impressed with the service and performance is brilliant. when I had my golf 1.8T, I had a re-map by another well known tuner but find the oettinger has not changed the way the car drives as much except it goes a lot quicker. AMD are now able to re-map the 2.0TDI

Not a complete expert on this but I have been told that 140bhp will be the minumum the engine will produce and when tested normally power seems to be quite a bit higher. The increase from oettinger is about 30-35bhp so depending on your standard power output depends what it goes up to. This is what I was told when speaking to different tuning companies. Mid range I find it fantstic, and after driving my sisters car (2.0tdi as well) there is such a massive difference.

Go on spoil yourself

MTM, ABT, Oettinger, Superchips, AMD (which I suspect is a rebadged Superchips remap) all do remaps for the 2.0tdi. Revo mentioned that they have one in development as have Jabba. Best overall power output seems to be the MTM remap (also the most expensive). ABT is the poorest output of all the remaps I've seen, very conservative and not too cheap either. The Superchips remap seems to be good value. No doubt AMD's magic rollers will make their offering appear to be the highest output.

Remember that despite all the [censored] that some of these companies will spin none of them offer custom remaps. Also the power/torque at the flywheel figures that they all quote are rough guesstimates (some rougher than others).

REVO's remap is 3-4 months away they reckon

I had REVO on my Fabia vRS and it was superb, so I'm waiting for them......

Remaps on diesels not only improve performance, they also make it rev better and smoother

I think the TDI will be kicking out 150-155 bhp from the factory based on previous PD engines, so 190bhp or so and 300lbs should be easily done hopefully

300lb/ft+ no problem, 180-185bhp is possible but 190bhp will probably need a little more help than just a remap if it is to remain driveable, reliable and emissions legal. Remember that BHP depends on revs and torque, torque on the tdi tends to peak very low down the rev range and then plummet like a lemming off a cliff after about 4000rpm.

Dahlback Racing seem to have the most aggresive remap that makes 185BHP and 309lb/ft just a shame they are in Sweden.