I have a 2009 Facelift US spec Sportback and need the tail lite codes pulled

NY_Sportback

Reaction score
From a 2009 EU spec drive sportback so my tail lites function properly, I think some were confused with my previous post, they tails are plug n play but the outers are completely red(no clear strip on the US Cars) and I installed the EU spec outers but now my brake likes blink with the blinker and the blink lites up with the brake lites making them look goofy.

If you have a 2009 EU Sportback and own a Vag-com I need the long code for these functions:icon_thumright:

Million thanks in advance!!

Good luck! I've been here before. I've even offered PayPal payment too but heard nothin but crickets!

Did you reconfigure your wiring to suit the relevant light that is lit when expected, as the 09 led ring lights are not a straight swap in our pre 08 cars, wiring moves about sometimes, you should do a pin map then see if they match up & if not then move them & possibly rewire if wrong pin type to suit.

Also if you have genuine vagcom, then it clearly says in long coding what lights do what, so it doesnt require anyone to give you coding, given long coding for your car module maybe different to ours, as you're in the US & we're EU, but it does say within long coding for module 09 what each byte/bit does.

& Tcardio, afa I'm concerned posts like this link are rubbish, people get alot of help on this forum regardless of location in the world, I've personally been involved with numerous people in various countries getting things working for them:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...um-is-dead-!&p=5194400&viewfull=1#post5194400

Last edited:
& Tcardio, afa I'm concerned posts like this link are rubbish, people get alot of help on this forum regardless of location in the world, I've personally been involved with numerous people in various countries getting things working for them:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...um-is-dead-!&p=5194400&viewfull=1#post5194400

You are helpful but most are not. I commented on my observation that my London SN gets answers fast/friendly and my US SN either gets a nonsense response/unfriendly, ignored or a reply so late that I already found the answer. I find the forum incredibly helpful but it is a little regionally biased.

You have always been helpful but case and point, NY_Sportback asked for help and the next regional response was 1.5 months later. Just my 0.02

I think you have to also take into consideration alot of the site issues were also around about this time, so its possible he posted & the site went up/down a number of times & his post went down the list as such mate, so didnt get seen by me & others, speculative but stands to reason, but I'll agree to some of what you've said, to a degree :)

I can completely and honestly say I have NEVER even bothered looking where a person is from before I try and help.