HEATED SEATS - YES OR NO !

shilts

Reaction score
Hi , i'm thinking about heated seats and can't make my mind up . A friend has them on leather and i must say that they are a must . I'll be having cloth but i'm wondering whether these will be an unnecassary waste of £250 . What are your thoughts please !

A friend has them on leather and i must say that they are a must

He is correct

I'll be having cloth

129138619519226197.jpg

Heated seats are a must as you get older and start to wee yourself... Especially cloth, take weeks to dry otherwise.

Wouldn't bother on cloth seats tbh. Use the £250 toward another option.

Heated seats are a must as you get older and start to wee yourself... Especially cloth, take weeks to dry otherwise.
Your so not welcome in my car Paddy! At what year did the heated seats seem to have been changed to being cooler even on the hottest setting?

I don't understand why people are saying not to bother with cloth? My heated seats are 1/2 leather S-Lines, could live without it now tbh

Dont worry Khufu...I'm a long way of cloth cap, pipe and heated seats..:)

absolutely have to!! i am using a courtesy car atm, which doesnt have them. i cannot explain how much i misss them. they heat up quick so when its cold and you have ful lleather they work a treat!! i even put the passenger one on sometimes to heat the interior up quicker haha!!!

yes go for heated seats , we mayget another winter like this one , then when your stuck in a snow drift at least your bum in hot :lmfao:

No need for cloth seats IMO as they are not "cold" to sit on like leather is in winter. My BMW has leather heated seats and are freezing to sit in initially so the heated option helps a lot, but for cloth seats I would never miss heating.

And for me personally they are only used for the first 5-10 mins of the journey to warm the seat up, after that I find the "artificial" heat uncomfortable (just don't need extra heat unless you are female!) and they're always switched off for the remainder.

No need for cloth seats IMO as they are not "cold" to sit on like leather is in winter. My BMW has leather heated seats and are freezing to sit in initially so the heated option helps a lot, but for cloth seats I would never miss heating.

And for me personally they are only used for the first 5-10 mins of the journey to warm the seat up, after that I find the "artificial" heat uncomfortable (just don't need extra heat unless you are female!) and they're always switched off for the remainder.

this is all very true, i agree bout cloth too

You notice the benefit more on leather seats, but I would still go for the option on cloth too.

Great for helping prevent piles....

As mentioned heating on leather is a must,not that important on cloth,put the £250 towards leather and get
a hot water bottle for winter :laugh:

Definite NO.. Whats the point? Also they heat your balls up and your balls are meant to stay cool hence they hang out your body to keep the sperm count high.. Warm balls = lower sperm count. If your over 60 then im sure it would be lovely but really what is the point in them?

Thanks everyone , so i suppose the majority think that unless you want to prevent piles or warm your bits up so you can no longer have kids , don't bother ! :scared2:

(just don't need extra heat unless you are female!) and they're always switched off for the remainder.

Oi!! lol, We arnt all like that! I put mine on for a few mins then off, gets too hot otherwise and uncomfy!!!

I disagree. Weeing yourself is a poor mans alternative to heated seats.

Heated seats are great though, I do wish mine had them. My stupid Passat even had heated rear seats, it was the only good thing about the car.

Can heated seats be retro fitted @ dealership

If they could, it would cost around £9,987,999,999 at a rough guess.

They probably could , but you would pay big style for it. New seats, climate control etc. mucho ££££££££££

YES, the best option I ever brought, the GF loves it and we all know a happy GF is a horny GF. Talk of piles is crap, spent 4 years in hot seats and my **** is just fine thanks, will check the GF for you too. Would also recomment Auto Light/Dipping Mirror/Rail Sensor Wiper option, an option that Audi should have include on the S-line/BE as standard - tight gits.