Full geometry setup

Scott

Reaction score
I'm taking my car to the garage which fitted my coilovers and ARB's to have the ARB bushes regresed this weekend. They've told me that they can now do full geo setup including rear on the A3's and it will be £90 inc VAT. Is this a good price?

I have Weitec coilovers and Eibach ARB's fitted (see sig). What changes could be made to the geo to improve handling/feedback? They have told me that the geo on the rear "really improves the handling" so interested to know if it's worth it, what the negatives are and what I should ask them to set it to? Front and rear, for good performance/handling without absolutely killing the tyres or anything else.

Cheers,
Scott

Out of all the places I've read up on, this 1 place in Liverpool is the best for doing geo/alignment on lowered cars, run by a south african couple.

Last edited:
I paid £65 but was quoted upto £90
£90 doesnt sound too much as long as you get a proper job.

Paul

Out of all the places I've read up on, this 1 place in Liverpool is the best for doing geo/alignment on lowered cars, run by a south african couple.

Cheers Nath - I'm only really thinking of taking it this place as I'm going there already for the ARB's.

I paid £65 but was quoted upto £90
£90 doesnt sound too much as long as you get a proper job.

Paul

I've been told:

"Our equipment makes adjustments for drop and wheel size, how ever if you have a set of specs you want me to work to then bring them along. The front only has toe, this will need to be reset after the rear end is adjusted. The rear end has camber and toe adjustments."

They use a Supertracker wheel alignment system I believe.

Are there any figures they should be working towards for front toe, rear camber and toe?

Last edited:
i would suggest leaving the rear toe as spec (although after lowering it will probably be far to much), but you could reduce the rear camber from -1.5 to around -1.2 or -1.0- this moves the top of the wheel out to fill the arches more so check it doesnt catch with spacers or low offset wheels

your lowering will have increased front negative camber and this is a good thiing - keep the factory front toe as well.

ideally you should have more negative camber at the front than the rear, although if they are similar at about -1.0 or -1.5 (unlikely on a lowered a3) then that would help front end grip and to reduce understeer.

i would suggest leaving the rear toe as spec (although after lowering it will probably be far to much), but you could reduce the rear camber from -1.5 to around -1.2 or -1.0- this moves the top of the wheel out to fill the arches more so check it doesnt catch with spacers or low offset wheels

your lowering will have increased front negative camber and this is a good thiing - keep the factory front toe as well.

ideally you should have more negative camber at the front than the rear, although if they are similar at about -1.0 or -1.5 (unlikely on a lowered a3) then that would help front end grip and to reduce understeer.

Thanks mate. I'm trying to understand that lol but it doesn't really make much sense to me.... :(
What do I need to ask for? if my car has been lowered and had basic alignment done, should I just leave? or is this worth it?

cheers!

You tried Midland VW Scott? They are doing a full geo set up for £60 at the mo and they have just had some state of the art machine installed last month so it will be good! Jody told me for that they spend at least an hour "tinkering" until its perfect.

You tried Midland VW Scott? They are doing a full geo set up for £60 at the mo and they have just had some state of the art machine installed last month so it will be good! Jody told me for that they spend at least an hour "tinkering" until its perfect.

Hi mate, sent you a pm, cheers.

I have been to Midland VW for this just the other week. The machinery is awesome, all on screen for dummies like me. Jody is great and will always explain and try his best to get the best out of the car.