Another facelift conversion question

slyesco

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a 05 A3 sport. And I have managed to acquire a 2007 s line front bumper with grill and fogs. All I need now is the bonnet. I have the chance to obtain a bonnet from a 08 A3. What I want to know before I go ahead and purchase it is that it will fit my car. As I know the bumper changed from 07 to 08 onwards. Did the bonnet change as well? One more thing is that the fogs came with no leads. Will my current fog leads plug in? Or do I have to buy new ones?

Thanks

you may have to change the plugs as i belive the fogs went from h7 to h11 fitment, as for the bonnet as long as its not off the newest facelift it will fit, bonnets aint too dear from audi though at 125 when i bought mine so i mean you cant go wrong there plus you dont get teh weak paint issue that happens after repainting and chipping happens easier

Weak paint issue from re spraying, please explain? Thanks :). Just because I'm looking into this conversion. And will need to get used parts resprayed. Thanks again

haha it aint a big dela but after the paint is sprayed over it chips slightly easier its not that much of a big deal tbh just keep some more distance from everything

Thanks P55ND - looks like getting a new bonnet from Audi is not as bad as I thought. Will give Audi a call for a price.

yeah i was surprised at the price and was glad i went with audi over it since the ebay deals etc can get dented on the way and youve no comeback

Hi all

I have a 05 A3 sport. And I have managed to acquire a 2007 s line front bumper with grill and fogs. All I need now is the bonnet. I have the chance to obtain a bonnet from a 08 A3. What I want to know before I go ahead and purchase it is that it will fit my car. As I know the bumper changed from 07 to 08 onwards. Did the bonnet change as well? One more thing is that the fogs came with no leads. Will my current fog leads plug in? Or do I have to buy new ones?

Thanks

You are lucky, im still looking for the bumper!!! Mine needs washer jet holes. Like P5SND said, bonnets fine if its not the newest one. I got a 2008 bonnet which was brand new off ebay and never fitted so was lucky! Good luck doing the mod and post pics when done.

i still havent seen any for you sarah, why not cut the bumper?

I'm sorely tempted just worried if it goes t*ts up after buying one! Will give it a bit longer if not, will bite the bullet (eith cut one or buy new from Audi...ouch!)

May be better when its warmer weather too! Love working on the car when its warmer, tougher on the hands at the mo, numb fingers lol

haha yeah im like you but sometimes youve just gotta have balls and go for it

You are lucky, im still looking for the bumper!!! Mine needs washer jet holes. Like P5SND said, bonnets fine if its not the newest one. I got a 2008 bonnet which was brand new off ebay and never fitted so was lucky! Good luck doing the mod and post pics when done.

I will post pics when I'm done. And also try and put together a guide on how I done. I know there is one on here in another post. But I will try and put together a guide so even a granny could do it. Errr well you know what I mean!!!! lol

Definitely just called you a granny Sarah!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

I know the rules!!! Never talk about the possible age of a woman!!!!!!!!

Oi!!! You meanie lot lol!!!! Yeh my back had gone and I dropped the zimmer lol, Bet I could give you two a run for your money lol

Last edited:
haha nah its not the shop improper baking will cause the same effect but painting over paint does make it slightly more suseptable to chipping i dont have that problem thankfully just see a lot of it on others peoples cars when i restore em

Sorry to dig up this old thread but thought it would be better to post in this thread than start a new one.

I got a quote for the bonnet from tyneside Audi for £225. Anyone know where I can find it for cheaper, or in P5SND's case, £100 cheaper?

oh yeh just noticed they talking about 07 bumper.
good start for someone looking to upgrade to the facelift look..seems a lot of hassle tho to me..