FK S3 Grill, can the Sline badge be fitted instead of the S3 badge?

Yeah, Scottie123 has done this recently, he had to modify the S-Line badge (I'm assuming he took the clips off at the back) and then stuck it on with araldite... looks good :)

Correct Aiden, the one you have listed on the fk site is the same, only cheaper.

That is where I got mine from and had no problems.

In regards to the sline badge, as mentioned , one will not clip straight on, but it is easily sorted :)

I've bought the grill, can you tell me how you've fixed it on fella?

Cheers :icon_thumright:

Easy.

Remove the badge from the clip bit, including all the black sticky tape, so you are left with just the shiny bit on the back.

Reduce the width of the badge with a file, little bit at a time, so it fits nice and snug between the vertical slats, and fix with a big blob of araldite rapid.

mine has stuck like sh$t to a blanket, and aint never coming off :)

Easy!

OK nice one, i'll do that.. I don't suppose you have a super close up photo of the badge on your grill do you?

:icon_thumright:

Looking forward to seeing pics of the black grille on your red A3 ... should be a good combination. I really fancy the FK grille for mine. Did you get it from the FK website in the end? Let us know what the quality/fit is like.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the black grille on your red A3 ... should be a good combination. I really fancy the FK grille for mine. Did you get it from the FK website in the end? Let us know what the quality/fit is like.

Will do mate, just need the fogs, grills and bonnet.

I only started collecting the parts last Wednesday to face lift my 8P1 Sline, so far i have the 8P2 rear bumper, Sline diffuser, Sline front bumper and the black FK/S3 grille. I am starting to collect them pretty rapidly!

Not the best picture, but it gives you the general jist!

Photo01152.jpg

Cheers Scottie, are all the Sline badges the same length do you know?

Cheers Scottie, are all the Sline badges the same length do you know?

No they vary in length.

I had a couple floating around, and i hacked around the shortest one!

That's what i thought, i have a spare lying around and one fitted to my car at the moment, gonna have a scan on ebay as i am sure i have seen slightly different ones, just waiting for my grill to arrive and I'll weigh the job up pal.

Go for it. I gave up trying to find one to fit and just butchered one!

Did you try that badge type? As i say i have two just like you have in the pic, thanks for that by the way!

I remember one of the badges I tried started with 4FO, but I cant remember the rest!

I think the difference is that you won't be able to fit a badge onto the grille that states 'without emblem', i know both photos show the fitment for the 'emblem' but thats the only thing i think it could be?

You have to use your existing rings on your existing grill. :icon_thumright:

I think the difference is that you won't be able to fit a badge onto the grille that states 'without emblem', i know both photos show the fitment for the 'emblem' but thats the only thing i think it could be?

I wasn't sure but I thought they meant the s line emblem too

You have to use your existing rings on your existing grill. :icon_thumright:
ahh i see, what are they held on with? and is it an easy enough job to do? could save myself alot of money by doing this than buying one direct from audi!!

The rings are held on with loads of click tabs

just push them all in and the rings will come off.

Clicks straight onto fk grill

A bit fiddly and you may break one or two of the tabs (I know I did) but there is plenty on there to hold it on.

alright lads, i received my fk s3 style grill today, it seems really poor quality seing as its made in germany, the black surround where the original chrome is on my standard grill is pitted and dented. two small dings each top corners and then down the sides were the fixing clips are is dented aswell. can a few of you with the same grill please tell me if yours are like that and should i be getting hold of fk about it? i no the grills cheap, only £20 pound off direct from them but thats not the point, im not too happy about it, bit of a perfectionist my self wen it comes to my car.
thanks